Track Daze at VIR May 31 2014

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Miami_X, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Miami_X

Miami_X New Member

I just noticed that there will be a Track daze Event at VIR at the end of May this year. I couldn't make last years' event due to a job conflict, but I will be making the trip up this year. I know it's early, but anyone interested in a convoy? I've never been but I hear it's a blast. Let's do this!

2. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

My birthday, great day to go to the track! I live dead west 2hrs form the track, I dont go north till I get to Greensboro, not much of a convoy for me, maybe you can meet up with Buck and Amy in GA. I hope many will go to this event.

3. azburnin

azburnin Active Member

There we go an early jump if I have ever seen. You're going to have a fantastic time out there!

4. Miami_X

Miami_X New Member

Thanks. Yeah, I've been watching vids on YouTube showing X-Runners at VIR. I've watched so many, I know the circuit by heart already. I'm definitely going and put out the word early in case anyone else needs to plan..

So far, it's me and autobodyX. I can't wait.:top:

That's two! We can definitely ride in together. We'll figure out a place to meet up. We've got PLENTY of time.

Just checking out your mods, autobodyX - you've got a very similar setup to mine! I'm getting a TRD oil cooler next weekend - with Whitebeauty's help and will probably have a trutrac before the event.

BTW, how do you like the TruTrac posi unit? I really want one of those.

#4 Miami_X, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  5. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

The LSD realy makes a big difference on the 09 and up X's, it is a must have especially for boosted trucks. The True Track was the best money that I have spent on this X. With a sticky set of tires and a good set of track pads the truck is absolutely a blast to drive.

I have been looking to go to Road Atlanta and I want to go back to the Glen with this blue truck, but I have issues with the stability control taking over at very inopportune times and I have to fix the bump steer from my drop, first.

6. Miami_X

Miami_X New Member

Is there any way to bypass the stability control?

7. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

I have not taken the time to test a few ideas I have. I like the traction control it works perfectly with the LSD, nothing like the open diff. What the diff can't do the computer does, you can feel it holding back the power just enough for maximum traction and exceleration.:top:

The problem for me is corner speed, and particulary corner entry, the wheel position sensor and the G-load sensor trip at a point that is way under the abillity of the trucks potential with my track modifications. On other vehicles they have off switches or a sport or even a track mode to raise the limit, (what I want to do) but I guss Toyota never figured X owners would ever go to the track and run with sports cars.:thumbdown:

8. Miami_X

Miami_X New Member

True, or they would have put the High Output V6, too.

9. azburnin

azburnin Active Member

Yeah Exit speed on corners with the X is a little irritating, cornering properly is absolutely essential.

10. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

I think Toyota wanted to keep the cost "reasonable" for the X, so they kept the engine the same 4.0L as the rest of the Tacoma line. Their solution was to offer the TRD supercharger for those wanting more power. I understand the supercharger being a "add on" part, but I'm a little disappointed the BBK didn't come standard on the X, especially since it was designed to pull more lateral Gs than a Nissan 350Z.

11. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

This is a worthy conversation.

If you pull the ABS relay, or make a kill switch, will that work?

#11 Torspd, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  12. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

Abs fuse I think no, different system but it is part of the stability control system and my shut it down too. :hmmmm2:I'm afraid if I do that I will loose the traction control and I like it. I am going to try something with the wheel position sensor in the steering column. I will spread the word it it works.

13. BondXII

BondXII Well-Known Member

Consider the Clayton's there. We missed out last due to family reasons. Crossing fingers, all should be well this time.

For those that know why we were not able to make it last year...Amy's mom is doing great and still cancer free. She has her good days and bad days, but all in all, she doing well.

Back to the VIR thing, we're down for a convoy. We're only 3 miles off I95, so it would be a good place to stop and stretch your legs and what not before driving another 8 hours to Alton.

I'm guessing that you do not have a VSC button that you can press and hold for five seconds, with the truck running, at a stop?...like the TRD guys have? I'm lucky enough to have an '08 so I don't have this issue.

#13 BondXII, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

Great news glad you both plan to attend. I have a RSCA button, but it and the traction both reengage after 30mph:motz:making it a useless button unless your stuck on ice or in the mud.

15. Miami_X

Miami_X New Member

NICE! The list is Growing!!

I'm a teacher and I already told my class I won't be in school from May 29th through June 3rd. Anyone else gonna join the 'convoy'? I'm pretty stoked! :rockon:

16. trdtoy

trdtoy New Member

Can you feed it a false reading somehow to avoid the reengauge? Need to find a detailed wiring schematic which may help figure this out.....

17. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

VIR is repaving the track you can check it out on facebook.

[​IMG]

18. azburnin

azburnin Active Member

Repaving?!!! Awesome, So much more grip!!

19. BondXII

BondXII Well-Known Member

I saw that on Facebook. Hog Pen should be a lot better on the exit. Hated that part. That turn will be A LOT faster. :) Can't wait.

20. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Heard they are also replacing the oak tree at Oak Tree.