Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRADE: 2009 Honda Civic SI Sedan for XR

TRD-X

Reaction score
jim you arent stupid...you know what I meant as I just explained it in a pm....I wasnt picking on just you. and for that I apologize. Dallas if you do the trade, good luck if you dont, still good luck. Southernace76...the truck for what its worth in handling and sex appeal is worth a million bucks...The tranny and clutch issues as well as small brakes are my main gripes....The paint is also an issue but im rough on all my paint due to my traveling distances on a daily basis.

Good luck and heres a drama free bump :top:
:bawling:I just don't know what to say. Donny :motz:you know I'm not mad at you! I don't think I could get mad at any of you guys!:rockon:My bad or Ladys

rich017

Reaction score
I doubt you will find a direct trade.

Someone has to make money on the deal

southernace76

Reaction score
I figured I would have a hard time trading but it never hurts to try. Especially since we don't have any in town. I'm going to try and sell it on my own and most likely go to carmax. They have a couple 2008's for 19grand plus tax and 13k miles. That seems like the best deal.

blastap

Reaction score
if dallas wants to trade i would jump on that. his truck is something else

rich017

Reaction score
I figured I would have a hard time trading but it never hurts to try. Especially since we don't have any in town. I'm going to try and sell it on my own and most likely go to carmax. They have a couple 2008's for 19grand plus tax and 13k miles. That seems like the best deal.

Best idea would be to well it yourself. Carmax will probably only give you 14 or 15K for it.

Trade in at the dealer, maybe 16 or 17K.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
I've owned more hondas than any other car... 3 civics, a prelude, and an integra. Loved them all. I have seen the new civics and i really like them a lot. In fact if toyota made a corolla with that kind of power id be very interested. I was looking at the Civic Si's myself. Great little car, plus the amount youd save in gas? wow. I'd never bash a honda guy esp one trying to get in here and own an X instead. Both vehicles are great. Good luck on the sale/trade man. Sorry if you are getting the wrong impression about this site so far. All these guys are awesome people. We are here to help you with whatever you need. Whether it be about your X or not. Welcome to XRU and i hope to hear things went well and you end up with the X of your dreams!

Dallas

Reaction score
I guess he dosen't want a XR afterall....said he really didn't want a supercharged X....my answer was sell the blower for a quick 2k..............No reply.......Just as well I guess, I went to the honda dealership and looked at a sedan like his.....and well, not gonna give up my X for one.

shaX 07

Reaction score
I guess he dosen't want a XR afterall....said he really didn't want a supercharged X....my answer was sell the blower for a quick 2k..............No reply.......Just as well I guess, I went to the honda dealership and looked at a sedan like his.....and well, not gonna give up my X for one.

Wow that's surprising... Would he still be interested in your truck if you removed the blower yourself? I'd be interested in that bad boy if you need to get rid of it...

Dallas

Reaction score
I don't need to get rid of it, I don't drive it everyday, but when i do i enjoy it. just getting a little bored with it at the moment, i just need to get that C5 IRS & trans in it so it's different again.

shaX 07

Reaction score
I don't need to get rid of it, I don't drive it everyday, but when i do i enjoy it. just getting a little bored with it at the moment, i just need to get that C5 IRS & trans in it so it's different again.

Well if you ever wanna get rid of that blower be sure to PM me first :top:

southernace76

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that an xrunner gets better gas mileage with a blower. Like I stated you have an extremely nice truck but I am more interested in a stock truck under warranty. Also I have learned that I can get into an 2008 with 13k miles for around 20grand out the door. I haven't put my car for sale yet locally. Going to wait until after the holidays when people have money to spend again. Very excited about having one if everything works out.

07xrnr

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that an xrunner gets better gas mileage with a blower. Like I stated you have an extremely nice truck but I am more interested in a stock truck under warranty. Also I have learned that I can get into an 2008 with 13k miles for around 20grand out the door. I haven't put my car for sale yet locally. Going to wait until after the holidays when people have money to spend again. Very excited about having one if everything works out.

I have comment on the gas mileage....You do get better mileage as long as you keep ur foot off the floor......I get great mileage as long as i drive like i got some sense......

southernace76

Reaction score
That's impressive then and new to me. I know with the corolla and si they drop in mpg. What do you guys average btw? I'd imagine it won't change much for me since I won't have to buy premium anymore.

metalheadx

Reaction score
That's impressive then and new to me. I know with the corolla and si they drop in mpg. What do you guys average btw? I'd imagine it won't change much for me since I won't have to buy premium anymore.

then dont s/c the x cause then you will.......but it is worth it for sure:biggrin:

Wayne R

Reaction score
Ryan,

I have replied to your PM.....:top:

When you sell that Civic, come on down here and get my X.....:biggrin:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
No blower on mine, but I average around 20 mpg city 23 highway.

EDIT: That's when I'm not driving like an ass, which I do a lot. When I drive like an ass we're looking at 14 MPG :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom