Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trd 4.0 S/c Avail For Order

4VsX

Reaction score
We just gotta wait. Everybody has different numbers and different ideas and thats ok. People are excited, but lets not make this into a boxing match! Im happy TRD is releasing a blower, now as a 4.0L owner we have two choices. Which one we want is the owners choice. :top:

Hillbilly Deluxe

Reaction score
Man this is going to be tough to quit smoking so I can afford the TRD S/C.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
isn't the URD better for motor longevity. Since full boost isn't made at 2800 RPMs like the TRD.

The URD makes full boost higher up in the RPM range meaning the motor isn't under to much boost at all around normal driving RPMs.

Just a thought? :dontknow:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
isn't the URD better for motor longevity. Since full boost isn't made at 2800 RPMs like the TRD.

The URD makes full boost higher up in the RPM range meaning the motor isn't under to much boost at all around normal driving RPMs.

This does make since, but thats why the TRD S/C is under warranty?

Nicodemus454

Reaction score

Anything TRD makes that keeps your warranty is going to do no harm to the longevity of your motor -
That's the good thing about TRD - You can have your cake, AND eat it too

rexrunner

Reaction score
its not about boost ( to an extent). The most important thing in modifying your motor is the tune. From there you can adjust the spark, fuel trims and so on. if the trd blower reached full boost at 2500 rpm then I would guess that it the igniton is retarted alot to composite. ping and knock is what will kill these motors.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I dont know. I think a motor subjected to low boost all the time would last longer then a motor subjected to higher stress (higher boost) all the time. Knock will kill any motor really wont it?

Hillbilly Deluxe

Reaction score
Well the supercharger is no longer listed on TRDUSA.com, hopefully they are just correcting their typo's. I have not smoked for over a week, so I am planning on buying this charger soon. I quit smoking to buy this S/C.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Well the supercharger is no longer listed on TRDUSA.com, hopefully they are just correcting their typo's. I have not smoked for over a week, so I am planning on buying this charger soon. I quit smoking to buy this S/C.

Now that's dedication :rock: , give up one habit to support another:top: .

Nicodemus454

Reaction score

dont even bother trying to order it straight from them... go through Toyota offroad parts.. a vendor on customtacos.. mine will be here in 7 to 10 days:rock:

i_ski

Reaction score
dont even bother trying to order it straight from them... go through Toyota offroad parts.. a vendor on customtacos.. mine will be here in 7 to 10 days:rock:
Your mission should you choose to accept it it to get that thing on the dyno and put up some damn numbers already! :biggrin::top:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
should be verrryyy interesting to see the numbers the TRD puts out.

akakrill

Reaction score
I hope its not like the Supercharged SS Impala with 6psi...That roots S/C is a wicked dog..

Id bet a stock X would smoke that thing..

Top Bottom