Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD S/C and URD CAI

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. At least not from what I've heard. Tapp had the URD TCAI and tried his best to get it to work with the TRD S/C once he went forced induction --- but I think he still had some problems. Either PM him, or he'll post up here. He's got first hand experience with it.

Gadget would also probably have some great information to add.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i think the kinks finally got worked out with running the two together.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Tapp changed his filter to different style in order for it to fit correctly. Has anyone tried using the original amsoil filter that comes with the URD intake, i know there is fitment issues but I'm pretty sure i seen/heard someone say they got it to fit.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
i think the kinks finally got worked out with running the two together.
Chris, Lately you have come on strong as a think tank. :laugh: Help an old man out. How do ya get the kinks out to use this bad azz CAI with a TRD s/c??

Spyder327

Reaction score
Tapp changed his filter to different style in order for it to fit correctly. Has anyone tried using the original amsoil filter that comes with the URD intake, i know there is fitment issues but I'm pretty sure i seen/heard someone say they got it to fit.

I'm pretty positive there wouldn't be enough clearance unless maybe you had an aftermarket grill that gave it more space. The filter is too large to fit in between the intercooler and factory grill i believe.

I remember someone changing the filter size and getting it to work. But also i thought i heard people had stalling issues with it combined on the TRD S/C's

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I dont it will fit unless you some mods on the piping...

rich017

Reaction score
Maybe getting a grillcraft and extending the piping under the hood to it comes out towards the grill more will help

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I dont think it will fit unless do some mods to it....

trd_sport

Reaction score
I dont think it will fit unless do some mods to it....
even ones that have modified it to fit havn't made it work.:dontknow: Any guesses as to why it wont work even if modified to fit?

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
tapp(pat) got it to work and installed it. he also continued to have problems with the air flow w/ the trd s/c. he couldn't put it into neutral at high speeds, had to down shift all the time. the engine would cut off at high speeds when tryin to shift into neutral. pm tapp:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
The URD TCAI must use the included airfilter for proper operation. If you install some other filter on it you will have problems.

The location of the intercooling system radiator interfears with the filter on the URD TCAI. I got a look at some of those Grillcraft grills at the Lake Havasu and something like that might provide enough room to move the intake pipe forward and away from the intercooler radiator. I have not tried it so I really do not know. URD also has not tested the intake with aftermarket grills.

Gadget

Super Werty

Reaction score
obviously this would be stupid to do, but what would happen if you drove around with the tcai with no filter at all, assuming nothing but clean air was being sucked in

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
The URD TCAI must use the included airfilter for proper operation. If you install some other filter on it you will have problems.

The location of the intercooling system radiator interfears with the filter on the URD TCAI. I got a look at some of those Grillcraft grills at the Lake Havasu and something like that might provide enough room to move the intake pipe forward and away from the intercooler radiator. I have not tried it so I really do not know. URD also has not tested the intake with aftermarket grills.

Gadget
Should I get the URD S/C???

XrunnIT

Reaction score
The two threads have been merged. :top:

You can try removing the grill and putting the intake on with the URD-recommended filter and see if works then. And if it doesn't then there is another problem, non-filter related.

ntinhri

Reaction score
:dontknow:

I feel I'm at about all the power I can pull with my trd system. I think you might be able to pull more power outta the urd system..

I got the trd s/c, urd pulley, headers, cat back, mapecu, k&N intake

urd s/ you can get the bigger blower, smaller pulley, meth.. which should yeild more power..

I just personally think that the URD system can be modded with other bolt ons from urd and other companys to extract more power than the trd unit. :top:
now heres what Im doing next to get more.. URD ypipe (maybe), lighter flywheel, electric fans, lighter crank pulley, still wondering about meth.. after that im done, nothing else to really do.

Top Bottom