Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD S/C and URD CAI

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
As far as deals go, the only way you will likely get a significant amount off the URD one, is by buying it used, which I wouldn't do. Call up URD, they might be able to cut you some kind of deal.:top:

As for the TRD charger, it is sold on EBAY a good bit. That would be the best place to look for it. Honestly though, if you really like the URD intake, go with the URD blower, even if it is more.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
As far as deals go, the only way you will likely get a significant amount off the URD one, is by buying it used, which I wouldn't do. Call up URD, they might be able to cut you some kind of deal.:top:

As for the TRD charger, it is sold on EBAY a good bit. That would be the best place to look for it. Honestly though, if you really like the URD intake, go with the URD blower, even if it is more.
Thank you Vecte. There is just one problem. My URD CAI won't work with the URD S/C. :bawling:

eXuser01

Reaction score
You mean URD CAI.

no lol i meant just get a trd intake instead so you can keep your warranty and still have an intake...

Thank you Vecte. There is just one problem. My URD CAI won't work with the URD S/C. :bawling:

why wont your intake work with the urd s/c...and it dosent really matter bc the urd comes with a new intake with the s/c

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
no lol i meant just get a trd intake instead so you can keep your warranty and still have an intake...Ahhh. Ok.

why wont your intake work with the urd s/c...and it dosent really matter bc the urd comes with a new intake with the s/c
URD has stated that the CAI for N/A vehicles does not fit the URD S/C. Don't know why. It should but this is what Brian said. I even asked him again and he said it won't work. :dontknow:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
URD has stated that the CAI for N/A vehicles does not fit the URD S/C. Don't know why. It should but this is what Brian said. I even asked him again and he said it won't work. :dontknow:

It doesn't work because the pipe on the intake is to long. It pushes it further up against the grille to where it will not fit. The URD supercharger kit, comes with a CAI of the same design, that fits. Look at the pictures on URDs website.:top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
The URD s/c comes with a CAI, the exact same as the URD cai, so the performance is going to be the same.

the reason the cai won't work with the s/c is because on the URD s/c the intake doesn't connect directly to the throttle body, it goes through other tubing and the rotex before it hits the throttle body. :top:

bigscki.jpg

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't work because the pipe on the intake is to long. It pushes it further up against the grille to where it will not fit. The URD supercharger kit, comes with a CAI of the same design, that fits. Look at the pictures on URDs website.:top:
Yes. But I was hoping to use my URD CAI. :bawling:

The URD s/c comes with a CAI, the exact same as the URD cai, so the performance is going to be the same.

the reason the cai won't work with the s/c is because on the URD s/c the intake doesn't connect directly to the throttle body, it goes through other tubing and the rotex before it hits the throttle body. :top:

bigscki.jpg
This explains it all. Thanks .

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Yes. But I was hoping to use my URD CAI. :bawling:

You don't understand, lol. The URD S/C kit comes with a URD CAI! It uses the same design, same filter, same kind of pipe, etc. It is just made to fit!:top:

EDIT: You edited your post before I finished posting this, lol.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
You don't understand, lol. The URD S/C kit comes with a URD CAI! It uses the same design, same filter, same kind of pipe, etc. It is just made to fit!:top:

EDIT: You edited your post before I finished posting this, lol.
LOL. No you don't understand that I do understand that I understand that you undertsand that I am confused. :laugh:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
whats so hard about selling the n/a urd intake, and using that as money towards the superchager? you've already got that part of the install done.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
LOL. No you don't understand that I do understand that I understand that you undertsand that I am confused. :laugh:

That makes sense!:laugh:

whats so hard about selling the n/a urd intake, and using that as money towards the superchager? you've already got that part of the install done.

He didn't realize that the intake that came with the URD kit was the same setup, just routed differently under the hood. I am sure he will probably do this if he decides on the URD kit.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
What are you talking about. Brian said that I cannot use my CAI with the URD s/c. What part of the install have I done when I have not even purchased the S/C?? :laugh:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
just look at the pic from robs truck.
6.jpg

yes its a front mount intake like the n/a, but the piping is a little different. you can not use the same one thats on your truck now. the kit comes with one setup a little differently. sell the one you have now, and use that towards the whole s/c kit.

eXuser01

Reaction score
jax was saying sell the intake put it towards the ur undecided sc kit and if you go urd u have that part of the installation done already meaning you dont need to cut the rad support or the maf wires bc its done lol

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
just look at the pic from robs truck.
6.jpg

yes its a front mount intake like the n/a, but the piping is a little different. you can not use the same one thats on your truck now. the kit comes with one setup a little differently. sell the one you have now, and use that towards the whole s/c kit.
Ahhh. You are getting smarter in your old age. :laugh: Thanks.

Top Bottom