Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD SC Numbers?

Reaction score
Hey guys. More power hungry guys on here than TW so that's why I'm asking here. Some guy is claiming 341.9hp and 361.8tq to the ground with a TRD SC with stock pulley, super powerful Airaid TBS, K&N hot air intake and Magnaflow True Duals(probably not) exhaust on a 2010 4.0 6 speed. Sounds a bit high to me but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

Oh and the pull was made in 5th gear.

butters607

Reaction score
lol not what could be wrong is hes probably running leaner than hell and is gonna blow it ha

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
5th gear pull, depends on his gearing and tire size. numbers seem pretty high for 6.5 psi though.

Reaction score
I would post a link but I can't yet. As far as I know Stock 3.73 gears and stock tires. Not sure what dyno.

butters607

Reaction score
ahh i dont know there is not enough supporting mods to push that much hp unless he hadnt listed them all

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, here is how it normally lays down with the TRD.

Stock on a stock truck usually dynos around 260-270 RWHP on a DynoJet.

Start adding mods, pulley, intake, fuel pump, headers and so on we normally see thing in the 300 RWHP range.

With some good tuning and so on we see them normally peak around 320-330.

There have been a couple hit 350 RWHP.

Now there is one that has hit 350 or so with I think just an intake, fuel pump and the reflash. I think he had a custom exhaust and maybe headers. That was very unusual to see that much power with so little mods.

Now here is the things about dynos, especially DynoJet. If you dyno at high altitude and use one of the correction factors, like one of those rear mount turbo companies, you will get an unusually high number as it tries to correct for what the power should be at sea level. With forced induction it way over compensates and the numbers are very high when they should not be.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the thing. 5th gear on these transmissions is 1:1. Most people do the dyno in 4th gear. Which is not 1:1, but I cannot remember the exact ratio.

Either way, as the gear ratio changes, say from 3rd to 4th, or 4th to 5th, you will notice quite a difference in HP from the dyno. So, a 3rd gear pull will make less power than a 4th, and so on. Thus his fifth gear pull is probably close to accurate.

I did a 3rd gear pull once, and made about 330 to the wheels. Told them to do it in 4th, and made 407.

There is also a lot of documentation from American car magazines, where they have dyno'd through all the gears, as well as with different rear gear ratios, to show all of the differences.

It is plausible. But, won't know unless he does another in 4th, or someone else does one in 5th.

Gadget

Reaction score
Can't dyno in 5th without removing the vehicle speed limiter.

I have done back to back dynos in different gears on a DynoJet with my XRunner and they were pretty much the same. I can see how a turbo would benefit from being loaded more.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't remember if the car tested was N/A or F/I, but i do know that there was at least a 20 hp difference between gears. Doubt I can find that article again though.

For mine on the mustang dyno, it might have been 350 and 407. It was a lot though.

We can test this theory with Toon's, between a 3rd and 4th gear pull.

Unless someone else wants to step up sooner, that has a bypass-able speed limited. Then they can do a 4th and 5th gear pull, to see the differences. Hopefully a s/c member will do it.

Murderface

Reaction score
I call BS or like G said bad correction factor. And I'd be all over that^^^^if I lived a little bit closet

Reaction score
The TRD flash is being used. The owner doesn't know too much. He wanted to get a "chip" on top of the flash.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tell him to go get a dyno in 4th as well. Problem solved.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Still have the stock limiter, so can't do it when I dyno. :(

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^that sux! I could dyno in 6th if I wanted bwahahahaha

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a bypass switch for that. If you want it. Sdxrunner knows where to install it.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is a SuperFlow dyno. They do read higher than DynoJet.

G

Top Bottom