Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD Supercharger OUT

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I am also glad that the TRD S/C works with the TRD CAI. :top:

rexrunner

Reaction score
the truck in the first pics is some guy from ttoya who won it at a raffle or something like taht from TRD. That forum is sponsored by TRD but it costs to join and its mainly based around off roading :top:

rexrunner

Reaction score
One of the main reasons for problems from the TRD superchargers is that don't intercool. Their 4.7L Eaton Supercharger failed terribly. But at the normal 5psi it may not be need intercooled.

the new one is deff intercooled. look on the drivers side of the engine bay, thats the water pump. Its got a air-liquid heat exchanger built in, so thats why its called a hybrid. Only prob I see is that its a single roots charger so some sort of cooling is needed. They shouldve went with eatons new twin roots, more effiecient and cooler charges

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
SO if the 4.0 Hilux has it as an option over seas, and theres that one guy with the 4x4 with one, when the heck is it going to be available for us!?

07X-R

Reaction score
I dont think these Hilux look to bad. Especially with a body kit like ours. And our 18" rims with a supercharger! :rock:

3toyHilux_leadimage.jpg

Shanes56

Reaction score
You can pull a few more horse is you drop the pulley size by about .2" to a 3.4. But still I would rather the URD!!

project-c2

Reaction score
I wonder if the Hilux front will fit the X??????? TRD, URD. I have to admit. Both are freakin kool.:top:

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
I talked to Toyota of Elmhurst Il the other day. They are one of the biggest TRD suppliers in the midwest. I was surprised, they actually knew a little bit about the TRD charger but could not give a price or date of release. These guys are cool, when I needed a new dizzy for my JDM 4AGE they hooked me up.

itawes

Reaction score
K&N Hookup

Will the K&N aircharger system fit on the TRD S/C? If the the throttle body is the same location as the stock one, it should hook up?

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Well September is almost over..... AND IT'S STILL NOT OUT
Turbo is looking better by the minuet.

Will the K&N aircharger system fit on the TRD S/C? If the the throttle body is the same location as the stock one, it should hook up?

The throttle body is in the same location with the TRD S/C as it is on a stock truck

4-0blower3.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

4VsX

Reaction score
Interesting, Well i guess we wont know anything till we got specs. Im not gonna lie im interested in TRD's super. But the specs will tell all, we just gotta wait. Just like many people have waited 3-4 years expect more waiting time :thumpdown:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i have a lil birdy on my shoulder thats already in the process of financing the kit, and waiting it to show up at the dealer to be installed. :D:D

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
LOL....not cool, you need to tell me whats going on, I have money and it's burning a hole in my pocket!

shook

Reaction score
Ok well guys i have the part numbers and prices for both the s/c and the install kit! My price for the parts but BEFORE labor comes to a grand total of $4286.70 with a small employee discount.

Supercharger Part No.: PTR29-35070 List Price: $4140.00

Supercharger Inst. Kit Part No.: PTR29-35072 List Price: $360.00

He couldn't tell me how much the labor would cost since they don't know how long it will take to put it on.

Member on Customtacos posted up the part numbers yesterday I think ? I tried calling my friend at our local parts department but couldnt get a hold of her, Ill try again later :top:

Top Bottom