Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD vs. URD?

psykometal

Reaction score
im sorry dude but i have to agree. unless you can prove that they are shorter im not believing that just cuz you posted. i like proof. as far as im concerned they are the same throw cuz i havent seen it anywhere which 1 has shorter throw. i would honestly tend to think that trd is shorter since the shaft is shorter but i dont really know cuz ive never used either.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have used both, the URD feels like it has a longer throw then the TRD. The TRD feels shorter and more notchy.

I jumped in a truck with a URD shifter and asked if it was a stock shifter because it felt WAY different then the TRD.

I recommend you drive with both and see which one better suits your taste.

These are both claims made by the manufacturer directly. I don't think either one is correct. There is also no data to back up how these percentages were determined.

If you have driven both trucks just based on feel you would swear the TRD has a shorter throw.

RedXr

Reaction score
These are both claims made by the manufacturer directly. I don't think either one is correct. There is also no data to back up how these percentages were determined.

claims huh? I guess thats to bad then....for both of them...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Everyone exaggerates claims or uses BS methods of measuring to make their numbers look higher then they actually are.

For instance... There is a million and one ways to measure HP on a certified level. Our truck at one point was advertised to have 245 HP, its more like 209 HP...

For this reason all BS aside your best bet is to drive with both.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
In all seriousness, if any of our members haven't installed a s/s yet, we could actually turn this into our own "independent research" and somewhat verify the comparison... much like many of you have done with other mods on the dyno :dontknow:

That's if it really matters that much to anyone

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
.....or check on ebay, there was a place selling the B&M for $100 shipped! I love mine, its the hole shifter and it feels like it just clicks into gear.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I have the TRD and it is awesome. The URD actual stick shift sits to high. The TRD is perfect. Shifting with the wrist is convenient and when you are driving all day like myself it really helps. :rock:

psykometal

Reaction score
yea im still debating. but what i may do is get the urd first just for now and then later a couple months down the way get the trd and then sell my urd to someone else real cheap. and then make my decision which i think is better.

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
This debate is like asking which color is better...BSP FTW of course! :wink:

Each S/S has its good points...:top:

mergen

Reaction score
Dude save your money for either the b/m or trd, the urd one will work great at first, then down the road, from all the shifting, the actuall factory shaft gets lose where it is connected to the shaft for the shift knob. i just got the trd, maybe 2 weeks ago, the lower set is much nicer, and why more solid.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dude save your money for either the b/m or trd, the urd one will work great at first, then down the road, from all the shifting, the actuall factory shaft gets lose where it is connected to the shaft for the shift knob. i just got the trd, maybe 2 weeks ago, the lower set is much nicer, and why more solid.

Did you have the URD prior? If so does the throw 'feel' a lot shorter then the URD or am I just going nuts?

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score

You are correct on the "loose shifter" per the URD. But there is a MOD/Fix for that...

mergen

Reaction score
yep, the shifts feel alot better, for the fix or mod of the shifter its buying a trd :)

Top Bottom