Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRUCK STILL DOWN (Release Bearing)

thunder24685

Reaction score
I know there are several threads on here about the release bearing...but here is another. I took the truck in on Tuesday09/07/10 for the release bearing replace (under 5yr/60k) said it would be done that afternoon.Wednesdy I get a call that it will be at least Thursday....Thursday came and I get a phone call that says they are going to need a tranny also because the bearing wore out the snout. So Monday 09/13/10 comes and The service advisor calls me and tells me that Toyota has my tranny...(seams I am a case study) I called today to talk to the service manager and left yet another message (this was #4) he had been on vacation...so I talked to the customer service manager and she informed me that techs from Toyota have been down this week looking at my truck and they are unsure when I will get it back... I write all this in hopes that when it is done we will finally have some answers.

Last edited:

Scarface

Reaction score
Good luck, let us know how it goes. I didn't even know that there was something wrong like that... Is this on all year models? This would be helpful.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they should read the T56 swap thread, and get you a proper transmission? Sounds like the right answer to me. :top:

thunder24685

Reaction score
Yes that would be nice...i asked Jeff if they were going to replace the clutch and pressure plate...he said no...I asked if it wore the snout out that bad didnt it get the pressure plate also he said he didnt know...i hope to get some answers when i talk to the service manager tomorrow

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Wow, that sux bro. Keep us posted as to what happens.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Dam pat! They give u something to drive at least? Since one day turned into a week, and more!

Generation-X

Reaction score
Sounds like stalling to me. I dont necessarily appreciate it myself since im working at a dealership but I do know for certain that if you are really having issues with the work not getting done quick enough you just call the 1800 number for toyota and they will bring down the law on the dealership. It goes through the system and the manager usually has to fix it asap otherwise it goes into the negatives for the company

thunder24685

Reaction score
yes I had a 2010 Cobalt I have been driving around but I still wanted my truck....they called me at 5 pm today and told me it was ready so I went and got it...the service writers there were unaware of what all they did and told me I could call Mike the service manager in the morning....I will post the ticket up when I get it so all will know what is going on...They said there was a TSB out or coming out on it ...I ws having to pay the $16 a day for ins on the rental but after a phone call they agreed to pick up the entire bill....

Generation-X

Reaction score
Sounds good. I know at our dealership whenever I finalize a customers ticket I make sure to point out the parts used and what was done in simple manners and explain more if they request. So I would hope being a bigger city area they could do this as well. You should have a parts listing on there and some type of description of the repair

thunder24685

Reaction score
I will get the ticket prob tomorrow. They said they were witing to close ou tthe ticket until they got the bill from enterprise on the rental

thunder24685

Reaction score
Its back

Truck started its squeeeeeeek again today. 1500mi since they replaced the tranny and release bearing. I went back to Toyota this morning and they told me that Toyota is working on a fix but have nothing yet. The tech said it will more then likely be a steel sleeve, and my response was:idea: you mean like they already have on the aftermarket scene.

:fail::fail::fail::banghead::banghead::banghead::argh::argh:

butters607

Reaction score
Truck started its squeeeeeeek again today. 1500mi since they replaced the tranny and release bearing. I went back to Toyota this morning and they told me that Toyota is working on a fix but have nothing yet. The tech said it will more then likely be a steel sleeve, and my response was:idea: you mean like they already have on the aftermarket scene.

Lmao seems like they have been shopping in the same areas as us!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I installed the sleeve...after about 100 miles the squeak came back, 1k later...its worse than before.

6k later...i turn my music up, and leave my exhaust silencer off...:dontknow:

meh...works for me

Emanon

Reaction score

Went in a month ago to have mine replaced for the 3rd time and was told a new TOB would be out come Oct could I please wait. Called on Oct 29th and nope no new part in system. Screw waiting longer I am getting the current TOB installed tomorrow. I am sure it will fain in 7k miles just like the last two maybe by then the new part will be out.

Sadly I am outside the truck warranty and getting the TOB replaced under its 1yr warranty.

Really sucks all in all. Odd part is the 3 X owners I hang out with in town have had 0 issues. Knock on wood it remains that way!

thunder24685

Reaction score
I installed the sleeve...after about 100 miles the squeak came back, 1k later...its worse than before.

6k later...i turn my music up, and leave my exhaust silencer off...:dontknow:

meh...works for me
so you installed te TSK45 and the noise came back...interesting

hiflyer

Reaction score
I think if the old tob didn't get replaced quick enough it actual wore the sub nose on the tranny.

I may not be remembering right tho...

thunder24685

Reaction score
I think if the old tob didn't get replaced quick enough it actual wore the sub nose on the tranny.

I may not be remembering right tho...
oh it did and that is why the put in a new case when they replaced the TO

Jwall

Reaction score
So i found out today Toyota has been in the process in making a new TOB that will not wear down like our stock one. It will be available in the spring to fix all of our problems with the TOB squeak. Contact your dealership and tell them to look at the bullitins recently posted from toyota canada or US.

If you need any info on this for your dealership let me know and i will see if he can get that for me to give to you guys.

I can see since i have to wait that long to get my TOB upgrade installed my snout will be destroyed by then also and will need a new tranny.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Hey atleast yall still have warranty...ill be out time and money on mine since ill be wrenching on it myself BLAH!

Top Bottom