Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck won’t stay running

XrunnerrRTR

Reaction score
OK so I have been working on this truck for the past day. The problem is the truck starts and stays running for about two seconds and then dies. I just replace a fuel pump because I thought that was the problem but that’s not the case. I’m still having an issue where the truck starts but then dies immediately. If I give it throttle and tap the gas is stays running for a little bit but then dies. Does anyone know what the problem is?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
What were the symptoms that caused you to change the pump? Was the truck running before the fuel pump change? What fuel pump did you replace it with?

XrunnerrRTR

Reaction score
What were the symptoms that caused you to change the pump? Was the truck running before the fuel pump change? What fuel pump did you replace it with?

The starting then stalling immediately was the initial problem. Truck died on me while driving into work at 30mph. Pulled over and tried to start it by no luck and that’s when I towed it home. Didn’t hear fuel pump prime, check fuse (Good) , relay (Good) so decided to change to fuel pump

XrunnerrRTR

Reaction score
The starting then stalling immediately was the initial problem. Truck died on me while driving into work at 30mph. Pulled over and tried to start it by no luck and that’s when I towed it home. Didn’t hear fuel pump prime, check fuse (Good) , relay (Good) so decided to change to fuel pump
I replaced it with a Denso fuel pump

rexrunner

Reaction score
In other words change the relay, it works, but when gets warm, let's go and the longer it cools the longer it runs. There a horrible design

rexrunner

Reaction score
Have you tried the spare key by chance? Could be an ign issue or do you have an alarm installed?

Gadget

Reaction score
You can try unplugging the MAF sensor and see if it stays running. If so you likely have a bad MAF, but that should set a code.

I am starting to think it has something to do with the key transponder system. That will allow the truck to start, but shut down after a couple of seconds if the ECU does not get the OK from the key transponder. Like the other guy said, try a different key and see if it works. If so replace the bad key. If not you may have to get it checked out by the dealer.

rexrunner

Reaction score
You can try unplugging the MAF sensor and see if it stays running. If so you likely have a bad MAF, but that should set a code.

I am starting to think it has something to do with the key transponder system. That will allow the truck to start, but shut down after a couple of seconds if the ECU does not get the OK from the key transponder. Like the other guy said, try a different key and see if it works. If so replace the bad key. If not you may have to get it checked out by the dealer.

The other guy lol.

XrunnerrRTR

Reaction score

XrunnerrRTR

Reaction score

I pulled the MAF and the truck still does the same thing.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
What was the last mod done to the truck before this issue started?

rexrunner

Reaction score
You checked the relay? If so then it's getting power in and out. With a solid contact. In the truck right? Then check the fuel pressure. If not contact URD. When that fails PM me lol ext 3 for steven

Top Bottom