Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: 6 Speed tranny manual

ntinhri

Reaction score
Hey guys a good friend of mine posted this up. I FULLY intent on calling monday to wearing them out.. Here is what he posted...
I think between XRU and CT we can make things happen!

Here is the breaking story. Called couple weeks ago to rant to Toyota about these transmissions. Told them I am looking to do a swap and am not concerned about warranty. Explained that the brand new throwout bearing just started to chirp. She told me that she had heard of this before and wanted to help. I told her a TSB should be posted. Well we hung up and I did not expect a return call.
mad.gif
Well today I was finishing up work and I get a call from toyota and they wanted to hear my story. so I told them. And I told them about the forums and all the other Toyota owners that have this problem. Well she said toyota needs to hear all of our stories for a TSB to be posted. So here it is guys. Either put up or shut up the time is here. 800-331-4331 Call Toyota and lets put this transmission problem to rest. Remember they called me back on this so obviously they are concerned.
smile.gif

TRD-X

Reaction score
They gave you a case number right. They tell everyone the same thing, and they have to do a call back! But your right they need people to call them and give them the facts!! So if enough people call they will do something in time.:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
He says that's from his friend and that he hasn't himself called yet...

TRD-X

Reaction score
He said that He was going to call them on Monday! And yes he said His friend called ,I put the case number in there so everyone that called knew they should get one!!!:top:

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand what is going on here. Who called who? Who do we talk to?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand what is going on here. Who called who? Who do we talk to?

Steve just reposted the bold part which came from a friend of his. Basically his friend told him we should call that 800 number and complain and he passed the info on to us.

TRD-X

Reaction score
His friend called Toyota/USA , And He is going to call Monday about trans problems. If anyone calls get a case number! Toyota's number is 1-800-331-4331

Murderface

Reaction score
Well I got nowhere with that phone call. I told them my story and they said if the dealer can prove that my aftermarket clutch is the cause of my TO bearing noise and input shaft scrapes then that's what they'll believe.

Well I don't think the dealer is gonna be honest and say that there is a real problem here, they will take the easy way out and blame my BETTER clutch

reference # is 0912130493

I also explained that the 4cyl 5sp has a pilot bearing and makes less power then our 6cl 6spd non pilot bearing trans

SSSXR

Reaction score
I think someone should post up a "script" more less of what to say.. I think if they hear the exact same thing from enough people something will get done. rather then have people just call and start rambling off the top of their head.

and did i not read in another thread that, Toyota was already working on doing a TSB? but was neglectful in saying when it might be released?

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
I know the person I spoke with said that they had no knowledge of an existing TSB or future one, I still have no faith they will fix it.

People have issues with either the clutch disc blowing apart, grinding between gears,difficulty engaging a gear or the Throw Out bearing noise.

My problem is the TO bearing, it will GOUGE out the input shaft which leads to the annoying noise from the bearing running over those gouges:thumpdown:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I know the person I spoke with said that they had no knowledge of an existing TSB or future one, I still have no faith they will fix it.

People have issues with either the clutch disc blowing apart, grinding between gears,difficulty engaging a gear or the Throw Out bearing noise.

My problem is the TO bearing, it will GOUGE out the input shaft which leads to the annoying noise from the bearing running over those gouges:thumpdown:

Really? That's the first I heard of it.. so no matter how many times I replace my TO bearing the problem may actually be my input shaft?

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Called and gave them my story

Reference # 0912130288

Murderface

Reaction score
Really? That's the first I heard of it.. so no matter how many times I replace my TO bearing the problem may actually be my input shaft?

U got it:top:

And the reason the shaft is gouged up is cause there's no support bearing for the input shaft. When the clutch is released there's nothing stopping the input shaft from getting pulled to one side which puts a sideward load against the TO bearing. This causes the gouges.

Put it this way, you've seen a powerful car take off at the drag strip right? When they hammer down from a dig the whole car twists to the right, this is what's happening to the input shaft.

This just sux donkey:motz:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Wow, edumacation for my main man John. Thanks partner, I had no idea all that was going on. I'll definitely make this call. (again)

sc426hemi

Reaction score
i would make a call if i could. somebody call for me. i doubt they will do anything but blame the drivers

LEFTY'Z SWB

Reaction score
I've had a second trans put in my X almost a year ago, and I am still having issues with the shift from 4th to 5th.. is this something I need to call them about?

SX TOY

Reaction score
I've had a second trans put in my X almost a year ago, and I am still having issues with the shift from 4th to 5th.. is this something I need to call them about?

yes! I got mine replaced at 15,000 and the new tranny w/mt90 in it is more difficult to get into gear, likes to hold onto the shifter sometimes and makes a noise (albeit a quiet one ) when out of gear foot off the clutch pedal. that was the same conditions for the squeak that my old tranny developed.:thumpdown:

Top Bottom