Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ttc cams?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be good to finally have a dyno with cams on it, to compare to all of the other similarly modded dynos.

Gadget

Reaction score
Thank You for your prayers always appreciated.

These specs are for your 03-08 not for my 09..... that is why I am having so much difficulty making my truck tuneable and expensive 2.

You can do AEM from Dezod he has the unit for your 08 call Paul

This is on top of my post: this part #PN-63339 S-2 cams is your specific number contact Erick at TTC

Engine:Toyota 4 Runner / FJ Cruiser 1 GRFE (03-08) V6 DOHC 24v Mine is 09 different
Part #PN-63339
Stay tuned for the progress Ohhh I forgot I had to buy like 10 buckets plus another 6-8 that came with cams when I got from a member. So I have a few buckets like 10 or so.

What is different about the 09 that needs different cams?

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is that the bore for the springs needed to me machined?

Reaction score
This is what I got from Erick at TTC and later confirmed it with Faith at WEB cams.

Engine:Toyota 4 Runner / FJ Cruiser 1 GRFE (03-08) V6 DOHC 24v
Part #PN-63339
Grind #516/1049

It has the part# and grind spec.

Notice it doesn`t have Tacoma anywhere maybe this is the reason I had so many difficulties, can someone enlighten us as to what is the difference is in FJ 4Runner and Tacoma

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
whats up guys been real busy lately, work and my Mom in hospital fo 1 month has been very hard on my family, she is having surgery friday so keep her in your prayers.

My cams are S2 and yes I got the hardened springs, these are the specs,

Engine:Toyota 4 Runner / FJ Cruiser 1 GRFE (03-08) V6 DOHC 24v Mine is 09 different
Part #PN-63339
Grind #516/1049

INTAKE EXHAUST
Valve Lash:.008" - .010 .010" - .012"
Valve Lift:.385" .386"
Duration:246° 252°
Duration @ 0.050:224° 228°
Lobe Center:110° 110°

Intake
Opens2°Before
TDC
Exhaust
Opens44°Before
BDC

Intake
Closes42°After
BDC
Exhaust
Closes4°After
TDC

Valve timing is checked with zero valve lash
@ 0.050 inches of valve lift.

My truck is almost done the 128 has about 150 wires attached to it and most are used so they get cut and attached properly. Chris Delgado is my source I bought unit from him, so he has been Technical support for me thanks Chris.

What I have noticed with these cams is the iddle is uneven although they are not that radical it has a lil rumble before tuning.

We will see........ what is going to be ordered is the magnetic oil plug like Marks I want to see what is going to get down to the bottom when cams get broken in.

I hope this is good for those that are waiting on me to keep passing info on The Cams.:laugh:

BTW I spoke to Faith at Webcams and she will sell to us retail not jobber but you will need specs to fabricate cams Erick at TTC eric@ttcperformance.com would be the contact he knows 1GR.

soo these specs arent even for the tacoma?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is what I got from Erick at TTC and later confirmed it with Faith at WEB cams.

Engine:Toyota 4 Runner / FJ Cruiser 1 GRFE (03-08) V6 DOHC 24v
Part #PN-63339
Grind #516/1049

It has the part# and grind spec.

Notice it doesn`t have Tacoma anywhere maybe this is the reason I had so many difficulties, can someone enlighten us as to what is the difference is in FJ 4Runner and Tacoma

Nothing really on those year models. UAE guys were pretty much the driving force behind cams. They don't have Tacomas over there though. So FJ it is.

butters607

Reaction score
This is killer info bro I wish more would put info like this out there when they do things like this much appreciated good sir! If I may ask can we get a total cost from ya when its all said and done? Also for the guru's out there would more fuel be needed for this application or will it not affect that at all?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Torspd I didn`t know that..... Yesterday I met some guys from Dubai and they were discussing buying a brand New X and stroking it out before shipping it, money grows on trees his other car is a 2012 G3 that does 320 Kph, he saw my truck and asked a bunch of question.

Refered him to XRU.

The cost of cams is 1600.00
springs.................. 400.00
ARP studs............... 300.00
Cometic gasket....... 225.00
Labor .................... 1500.00
I also did 1000cc injectors, 300lph fuel pump, aereo fuel pressure all ready for cane juice E85 You can get it here with Paul from Dezod a great vendor.

butters607

Reaction score
Thanks Torspd I didn`t know that..... Yesterday I met some guys from Dubai and they were discussing buying a brand New X and stroking it out before shipping it, money grows on trees his other car is a 2012 G3 that does 320 Kph, he saw my truck and asked a bunch of question.

Refered him to XRU.

The cost of cams is 1600.00
springs.................. 400.00
ARP studs............... 300.00
Cometic gasket....... 225.00
Labor .................... 1500.00
I also did 1000cc injectors, 300lph fuel pump, aereo fuel pressure all ready for cane juice E85 You can get it here with Paul from Dezod a great vendor.

Sweet that's awesome so you had the head gaskets replaced too?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is killer info bro I wish more would put info like this out there when they do things like this much appreciated good sir! If I may ask can we get a total cost from ya when its all said and done? Also for the guru's out there would more fuel be needed for this application or will it not affect that at all?

More air in = more fuel needed.

Sweet that's awesome so you had the head gaskets replaced too?

If you are going to be in there, why not replace the factory ones with better ones, right?

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Soo when i do the cams,i should do:: injectors,walboro 255,cometic gasket,wont be boosted so arp studd?,n ofcourse vavle springs

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on quite a few things. Are the heads going to be removed because you have aggressive cams and you need valve springs and retainers? Do you plan on increasing the rpm range with the new cams and thus want new valve springs and retainers? Are you going to port and polish the heads?

If you plan to remove the heads for any reason, then you might as well upgrade the head gaskets to Cometic ones.

If you remove the heads, then you have to replace the factory head bolts with new ones, since they are torque to yield. Which basically means that one use and done. Since they have to be replaced, might as well spend just a few dollars more and install ARP studs.

Installing an upgraded pump is simply a good idea regardless.

Let us assume that your cams gain you 50 hp. Right now I guess that you, JPayne, are around 230 whp. That would put you around 280 whp. We already have a few other members making about 250 with stock injectors, and one making 320 whp on stock injectors with the FPR mod. (<< not the norm and do at your own risk ). I would say that you would be good with your stock injectors. As long as you have an AFR gauge to monitor the readings. If the AFR's don't look good, then you will need more fueling, and something to control them.

If you plan on adding boost a little down the line, then getting large enough injectors to handle the power you are after, is a wise idea. Like what Southernmost did. That was his will be ready for boost and he is one step ahead of the game. Of course will need an aftermarket EMS to control them.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Depends on quite a few things. Are the heads going to be removed because you have aggressive cams and you need valve springs and retainers? Do you plan on increasing the rpm range with the new cams and thus want new valve springs and retainers? Are you going to port and polish the heads?

If you plan to remove the heads for any reason, then you might as well upgrade the head gaskets to Cometic ones.

If you remove the heads, then you have to replace the factory head bolts with new ones, since they are torque to yield. Which basically means that one use and done. Since they have to be replaced, might as well spend just a few dollars more and install ARP studs.

Installing an upgraded pump is simply a good idea regardless.

Let us assume that your cams gain you 50 hp. Right now I guess that you, JPayne, are around 230 whp. That would put you around 280 whp. We already have a few other members making about 250 with stock injectors, and one making 320 whp on stock injectors with the FPR mod. (<< not the norm and do at your own risk ). I would say that you would be good with your stock injectors. As long as you have an AFR gauge to monitor the readings. If the AFR's don't look good, then you will need more fueling, and something to control them.

If you plan on adding boost a little down the line, then getting large enough injectors to handle the power you are after, is a wise idea. Like what Southernmost did. That was his will be ready for boost and he is one step ahead of the game. Of course will need an aftermarket EMS to control them.

Thanks soo much for all this info,this is why xru is the best lol n i allmost want to do : Port & Polish,11.0.1 je pistons,n ems rods with arp studs??

Top Bottom