Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo kit

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Not too sure if the question was asked before. Does anyone know a company that can make a turbo kit for a 2012-2015 X-Runner? Not looking to wait on a supercharger anymore. Any info would help. TIA

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Power fab stop producing them for a while now. Only option is custom...

Gadget

Reaction score
If you want a supercharger, I have a large shipment of the Magnuson system arriving any day now....

G

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Lol how much power u planning to push? Just up the boost with the turbos.. The power band will still be good since the TRD covers bottom to mid

Reaction score
Lol how much power u planning to push? Just up the boost with the turbos.. The power band will still be good since the TRD covers bottom to mid

My dyno runs showed 264 to the wheels before I installed the URD 2.85" pulley. About 300-320 wheel would be fine since I'm not looking to tear apart my trans or my engine (122K miles now). I'd probably end up with more because there are no losses driving the turbo as there is with driving a blower.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Only 264whp with the trd. Shit I'm only about 20whp less than you NA.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Since you just want a little more power and already have the TRD sc installed I would leave the TRD unit on then you can always take it off after. Will that's what I plan to do... I hate lag... :thumbdown:

Reaction score

Yeah not sure what was going on with mine. I was slower at the track when I installed it. It's much better now with the pulley and should be this way from the factory.

Since you just want a little more power and already have the TRD sc installed I would leave the TRD unit on then you can always take it off after. Will that's what I plan to do... I hate lag... :thumbdown:

A properly sized turbo won't have much or any lag. Since I'm not shooting for huge numbers I would stick with a smallish turbo.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah not sure what was going on with mine. I was slower at the track when I installed it. It's much better now with the pulley and should be this way from the factory.

What are you running for tuning? Just TRD reflash?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Running boosted not knowing your AFR is a scary gamble....just because one guy's truck runs good doesn't mean the next guy's will. The TRD re-flashes have been known to be all over the place. One truck runs lean, the next rich, and the next perfect. Get that gauge on there asap.

Reaction score
Running boosted not knowing your AFR is a scary gamble....just because one guy's truck runs good doesn't mean the next guy's will. The TRD re-flashes have been known to be all over the place. One truck runs lean, the next rich, and the next perfect. Get that gauge on there asap.

Oh mine is rich for sure. I have seen what looks like soot come out of the exhaust at full throttle when I had the stock pulley. Going a step down with the pulley really woke the truck up. I have been slacking with proper instrumentation because I'm always iffy about the ownership of this truck. I'm also searching for a GTO so that put a hold on mods.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
I flirt with 10.0 at WOT on the wideband sometimes. I think there's some variance in the MAFs.

iniazy

Reaction score

The absolute power figure is one thing, and real life driving is another. How soon the power comes, for how long, all make a huge difference. Plus there's the differences from one dyno to another, and even with the same type of dyno varying configurations will result in varying results. Unless you've put both cars on the same dyno, in the same temperature with the same dyno settings, the numbers don't mean much at all.

Top Bottom