Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo or S/C?

Homemade

Reaction score
:hmmmm2:Ive been In love with the X~Runner since it 1st came out... I still dont have one but plan on gettin one when I get back from Afghanistan... Should I get a turbo or a S/C? Whats a better deal? (Mpg, Price, etc...)

justin13703

Reaction score
URD S/C all the way. A turbo would probably have to be custom. And its nice to have someone like gadget from urd to help you out when you need it. Youd be pretty much on your own with a turbo. It can be done but will probably be alot more work and money. The URD S/C's are a good deal and are crazy simple to install, uninstall, and work on in general.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
S/C FTW. I don't have mine on yet either, but IMO it's a better way to go then the turbo. When do you get back, and what FOB are you on? I'm on Fenty right now, and I've been doing research for about 8 months on everything that I'm getting. Although you can upgrade the URD to stage III, I'm going to do the TRD and reflash, leave it at that.
Going with either TRD or URD depends on how heavy you'll want to go, and how deep your wallet is. ;) There are tons of opinions, dynos, and upgrading possibilites out there but it ultimately comes down to what you want.
Let me know where you're at so we can try to get the XRU-Afghanistan going!

livinginsa

Reaction score
Depends on what you want. If you want low end torque, burnouts then you want the supercharger, either TRD or URD. After awhile, the supercharger runs out of breathe. Gadget is a good guy to deal with, very helpful or you can go with factory, TRD.

If you want top end, then you want turbo, APR. They are very knowledgeable and you can't believe the amount of knowledge that they have. There is a guy doing one now, http://www.customtacos.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=151367

The guy is banned from here that is getting his turbo done. His name starts with a B and ends with an A on this other website. Not sure why he is banned but I really don't care. He does have an amazing X-Runner.

Red08xr

Reaction score
turbos require a lot of work to b edone properly the supercharger is already out for the xrunner and does very well, so s/c all the way

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Yup agree just like everyone else. For a safer more factory install to keep your dealer warranty I would go with the TRD kit, but is you dont have warranty anymore you should most def. go with the URD kit!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Livinginsa put up a good link. That will be a good kit, but there are still a few unknowns about it since it is still under development. The URD is a great kit, and has lots of testing done. Great kit and makes great power on a stock motor. Many can testify. Also have a lot of support easily from URD themselves. I recommend that one very much.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Depends on how much money and time you want to spend. I believe the S/C are easier to install. I think that doing the S/C is cheaper than a custom turbo but I'm not the one to ask .... I'm still N/A.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind, that it is actually easier to get to 400 whp with the URD system, than the TRD system. It also comes with more of the upgrades necessary for higher hp than the TRD unit.

Homemade

Reaction score
bombsqdman ~ Im currently in Bagrum at (Vance) I should be goin home around Sep1.. "hopefully" The URD sounds like what im goin for... Would I be able to have someone put in on? would I have to buy it at the shop (where they put it on) or it is easy to install... im not that great turnin wrenches...

Top Bottom