Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo vs TRD S/C

Turbo vs TRD S/C

• STS TURBO

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • TRD SUPERCHARGER

Votes: 65 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh snap,might get a early jump on this than,but where n the world do u buy e85 also can it be mixed with 93 also what about when im not running e85,wont thos injectors be too much while im still n/a

Without a flex fuel sensor and an ECU that can read the sensor, you cannot mix the fuel. You have to run one type til right at empty, then the other. As well as a tune for each type of fuel.

Both tunes will them be for that larger injector.

Toon714

Reaction score
ProEFI ftw!

we can mix our e85 and pump gas and our ems will auto correct it as we drive and it will change the tune automaticly. :top:

The is 1 of the a couple ems. That has the flexfuel sensor and itll automatically adjust ur tune and load up the map thats need for that gas. Without plugging.in a usb.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^when/if gadget gets this done with the UCON ima ditch the X-1

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Now its just sounding like a hassle to run it lol

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
It aint. Just be sure u can find a fuel station that carries E85.

Murderface

Reaction score
New Station in Fredericksburg VA

Liberty Gas
364 Warrenton Road, Fredericksburg VA 22405

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Dang its 5 miles from my house hahaha

So to run e85 n/a i need....?

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Lol allright last question about it,when i go to put e85 in my truck ,have most of the 93 out of it,plug in the usb n leave it in,jus so i dont gotta put it in everytime i turn on&off my truck

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I

How lol? Wht technically is e85

lol Moonshine.

Make a reflux still with a valved head, buy some sugar and yeast in bulk, and start producing E95 (105+ Octane) for about 1.75$ a gallon initially. :blurock: You can only produce near 100% alcohol in a vacuum environment; thus E95.

Best part of all is you can make fuel legally if you choose to fill out the proper ATF form (which costs nothing to do).

To make a legal fuel you have to denature the spirit (which is what denatured alcohol is that you can buy in any store - moonshine with methanol added to it so it can not be consumed by a human). If you cut it with as little as 3% gasoline (E-85 - 90 at this point depending on how much water is absorbed) it is totally legal to produce with the form filled out.

Furthermore the Fed pays you to make it; you receive a tax deduction for every gallon of fuel that you produce (which brings your cost per gallon back down to near 1$)!

Furthermore ethyl alcohol is multi purpose! It can also be used in stove top burners, heaters, camp stove burners, and as a disinfectant!

Your reflux still makes very pure alcohol in a single pass but can also be used to make perfumes, purify water (distilled water), and other things as well.

You could drink it too (before you cut it with gas obviously lol) but that is against the law!

Its pretty much what Vodka is though..

Now you know :-D

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
its not illegal to drink moonshine or homemade alcohol...4
it illegal to sell

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
its not illegal to drink moonshine or homemade alcohol...4
it illegal to sell

You can legally produce beer, & you can legally produce wine (200 gallons of each per joint adult household per year to be exact) - you can not not NOT federally ~ legally produce spirits (moonshine or w/e name you want to attach to it) even for home personal ingestion/consumption. You also can not use that beer/wine to produce a product with a spirit level alcohol content lol.

It is also not illegal to posses a still in a lot of places (since it can be used for other production processes other then producing alcohol) but then you get down to more local government laws & regulations.

The only way to legally produce spirits is as a fuel with the proper ATF paperwork filled out, or if you have the appropriate licensing to produce for consumption (expensive).

Second party possession and consumption of moonshine may vary state by state, but production in the USA to personally consume is illegal by federal law.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To the end of your statement DS, it is a dumb law. Why? They cannot make" their" money of of it.

Either way. Start a new thread for that discussion. As it actually has basis to be a good conversation. But not is this thread. Thank you.

RRX

Reaction score
I say go URD over all of them.

Many people say that they want all the WTQ right on the start that the TRD gives you. But the problem with that is if you cannot keep traction you are not using all that WTQ. With the URD kit I am sitting around 380 WTQ @ 3000 rpm and I get in to the 400 @ 3300 rpms and stay over 400 all the way to 6000 rpm the rev limiter kicks in. At 2000 rpms I am still at 275 WTQ I still have traction problems. One of the reasons I went URD. And the kit makes MAD power.

Now the next reason I went URD was CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I don't know of anyone else in the game that you can call on a Sat. or Sun. or during the week after hrs. to about 12 midnight and get support with a problem. I have worked with Gadget many of time after hrs. and on the weeks to get a question answered.

Top Bottom