Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UCON EMS Review

Super Werty

Reaction score
So on Saturday I installed the new UCON EMS, cam gears, and t-stat. As well as the new URD 7th, URD 668's, and new spark plugs:blurock:

For starters the UCON EMS itself does look really really nice. The build quality is precise. Unlike other ems's out there it doesnt have a board loosely shaking around inside a cheap plastic box. And better yet it positively clicks into the stock ecu ensuring it doesnt move after you drive 5 feet out of your driveway.:top: It's there to stay:crinklehair:

The t-stat. What can I say...it works. It works without leaking. It works without having to use a case of sealant. It works the first time.:top:

Now the all new URD 7th. Looks beautiful under the hood. URD's logo is very attractive. The blue anodized fittings look pretty sick too! What more can you ask for?

Oh and everything came with very detailed COLOR photo instructions!:adore:

Anyways after getting that all put in the truck it fired up on the first try, and runs perfectly. Fast start up, runs buttery smooth, and creates very impressive power gains!:top: No hick ups or screw ups, no non-sense. And to top it off after I having finished installing it, Gadget himself called to make sure everything went well. Now that is customer service!:crinklehair:

I just want to give a HUGE thank you to Gadget, URD, and iTronix Technologies for creating the this amazing ECU for our trucks!

Vids coming soon!

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
Congrats on that fine piece of technological wizardry!!!! It is oh so beautifull! Refined and Flawless - so far so good:

Just one thing missing down there bud, where's that shiny red pulley?

IMG_0378.jpg

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're back up and running... and with style! Congrats! :top:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Glad you like it! Added benefit is awesome URD tech support.

Murderface

Reaction score
I almost had an excuse to get one but Gadget and Scott called me on a Sunday and took care of my issue over the phone/laptop remote login!

Congrats on the new equipment!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Included these on another thread but thought should were review-worthy. I like the functionality (and look) of these as well: :top:

UCON_Thumbdrives.jpg

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Nice to see u up n running. Now I see how smooth the install goes by watching urs. I got that start up video btw

zr2ee

Reaction score
sounds like it might be worth swapping out the x-1 at some point, i'm assuming the cam gears and T-stat are setup the same so you would only have to drop in the UCON

Murderface

Reaction score
Anyone TRD supercharged running the UCON? Tests?

Did u not read this thread? Werty is running it right now with his TRd blower!
I got to test it out on mine and do some WOT 0-120mph+ runs and it def pulls hard and seems smoother, idle is def smoother then with the X-1.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
ahh, yeah. I read it a week ago but in anticapation of my soon to be trd purchase I forgot. I will be ordering the ucon to run with it as-well. How about a run against a trd reflashed or URD with the ucon or tractor pull?

Murderface

Reaction score
I've roll raced WallasX with his stage II MKII from 60 and he beats me(he also has 3.55 gears opposed to my stock 3.15'). We then did a roll from 40 with him in 3rd gear and me in 2nd and I beat him, dropping to 2nd helps against his 3.55' in 3rd gear. URD is where it's at

Super Werty

Reaction score
just another quick update

my first full tank of gas with the UCON and I went an additional 50+ miles. :blurock:

And Now that I have had time to get on the throttle, it feels much faster than before. Maybe even faster then when I ran E85. Very happy with it:crinklehair:

Top Bottom