NOTICE Unauthorized access to user accounts

Discussion in 'Site News & Updates' started by K2, Mar 5, 2015.

1. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

We have had a rash of attempts from foreign IP addresses (primarily China) to hack into user accounts. My recommendation is that you update your password and use a random series of characters, letters and symbols to ensure that your account is secure. You can google Random Password Generator and find plenty of resources or use a service to assist with your passwords like LastPass or 1Password. XRU will automatically notify you if someone has attempted to hack your account but I recommend updating passwords immediately if you haven't already.

If you have any questions please just post here or email webmaster@xr-underground.com.

Attached Files:

2. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Any clue as to what they are trying to accomplish by doing this? It is not like there is credit card info or and industrial secrets here. All info here is available publicly. Makes no sense to put such and effort into cracking into this site unless it is being used as a training ground.

G

3. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Exactly what I was wondering, I guess my private messages aren't public but by no means will they uncover any secrets.

4. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Now we can post what we are REALLY thinking and blame it on China! :laugh:

5. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

Just don't buy any junk from China, keep the work at home.

6. chatt x

chatt x Member

^ +1. Well put sir.

7. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I agree, buy american goods

8. MrX-runner

MrX-runner Member

I always check & trying not to buy any products Made in China.

9. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

So basically, don't buy anything off of Ebay :dontknow:

10. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

Best I can guess is that they are trying to use it for link spamming. Most hackers don't want to do anything too criminal so they'll make money in underhanded ways like cracking accounts and linking profiles or posts back to viable websites. You do this 100,000 times and it artificially boosts the Google PageRank for the site making it come up first due to credible link-backs even though the site is bogus - or may be legitimate but is artificially boosting sales.

11. sonic555u

sonic555u Member

I do the same I try not to buy china made stuff but I do buy korean or japanese products from time to time. I just wish more things were made in the USA the greatest country in the world, just like in the old days.

12. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

Maybe they want to learn how to build a Chinese X-Runner:hmmmm2:

13. Wizard

Wizard Member

These bastards tried to log into my account at 4 a.m. They failed.

My XR notification said that the person trying to log into my account has the following IP address: 202.44.228.35

14. TripleThreat

TripleThreat New Member

I understand that you know there is an issue but I hav'nt had them figure out my password but I have been locked out of my account since they keep using 15 passwords attempts I think its funny I get payed 4 thousand a paycheck to do IT work and I can't figure out why IP address: 120.198.243.78 is trying to open our XRU accounts haha well I least I have your IP adress punk i'll be the better man and leave you alone :laugh:

15. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

If you really are that good, don't be the better man. Being the better man is overrated.

16. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Shut em down :laugh:

17. BigFatDogEatingPizza

If they want to hack into anyone's account, they can have my account. I really don't care if they hack into my account. Just as long as NSA stays out of my account, I don't care who gets into my account. All you Chinese people, hack me first.

18. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

You are a strange individual. Lol

19. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

If they do that all they're gonna do is post spam all over the site from your name and get you banned so that doesn't make a whole lotta sense lol

20. LateOnTheBrakes

Shouldn't the thread be called "unauthorized access"? I actually got an email saying someone had tried to access my account. Specifically a "Failed Login Notification on XR-Underground" email.