Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD 70mm Throttle Body

Super Werty

Reaction score
Well here it is! Like it so far but hard to say if any gains, its 100* outside and im still not really used to the URD blowers power yet.:laugh:

Feels strong though!

And if anyone is wondering the URD 7th injector is not 70mm. It's like 69 or maybe 68 mm. So now that is a very slight bottle neck in my set up. I may take the 7th off, as it isnt being turned on yet. Those 800cc primaries are giving it plenty of fuel.:top: And the stock plenum is indeed 70mm ID.

http://urdusa.com/p1260519161/URD-7....html?osCsid=4a15ea3226821ef9a9dbcc3651e60c96

Anyways on to the pics!

The one with the goldish blade is the stock 65mm TB.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
shame no dyno. for whats its worth a frs with a 2mm ($1700) bigger throttle body will gain 2-3 hp at the wheels so with this one on ours who knows.

absolut

Reaction score
So where do u buy the bigger throttle body? I only see the adapter plate from URD. Does this work for N/A Engines or is it for Supercharged engines only?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
So where do u buy the bigger throttle body? I only see the adapter plate from URD. Does this work for N/A Engines or is it for Supercharged engines only?
boost doesn't matter. You can get it new from a stealer for $600-$700 or from a wrecked truck for $200-$300.

Super Werty

Reaction score

You have to find a used throttle body or buy a new one. from a 2010+ FJ or 4runner.... works for n/a and boosted:top:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I doubt you will see any gains as your throttle body is not on the suction side like it was with the TRD. Your URD blower forces air through the throttle body where size difference is a lot less critical then when your blower is on vacuum side.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Still a flow restriction nontheless. It may be a small gain . . . but every little bit help.
There's only one way to find out . . . when are you getting strapped to the dyno Will?

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Still a flow restriction nontheless. It may be a small gain . . . but every little bit help.
There's only one way to find out . . . when are you getting strapped to the dyno Will?

You're force feeding more air then the engine can handle to begin with, the difference in the T/B in this application won't do anything.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Nice. So ur "not" using the 7th in the current tune right now? Man, will there ever be a need for it then?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You're force feeding more air then the engine can handle to begin with, the difference in the T/B in this application won't do anything.

You were skeptical about a CAI on these engines as well. Even though there was post dyno gains at the time. I won't hold my breath, but the way these engines respond to efficiency increase mods, is very good.

Looks like we need before and after.

For that matter, why did Toyota engineers feel it necessary to make the TB larger? Had to be a reason. Those engines do make more power. o_O

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score

According to this hypothesis, force induction with super charger or turbo shouldn't work and yield zero horsepower gain.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well stated sir. How could I not spell it out so simply? :(

Gadget

Reaction score
Why is there a power gain when you upgrade to a larger exhaust after you install a supercharger?

G

Bulldogger

Reaction score
According to this hypothesis, force induction with super charger or turbo shouldn't work and yield zero horsepower gain.
I won't even comment on that ridiculous statement, unless you truly don't know you can force feed more air with a supercharger or turbo then it can take in naturally. When you force feed the engine through the throttle body size isn't as critical. Guys have pushed over 15lbs of boost through the stock one, and it will take more so it is not as big a restriction as cylinder size and valves are. Boost is measured in the manifold so you already made it past the T/B

Torspd N/A is a different game as you know because you want to limit restrictions on the vacuum side, this is where a larger TB would come into play, when your N/A or your supercharger is behind the T/B like the TRD system is. And for the record I felt zero gains with the AFE intake and had no time difference. Difference came with Hi flo Y pipe and 2.7" pulley

Why is there a power gain when you upgrade to a larger exhaust after you install a supercharger?

G
If you don't know the answer to that on your own, that is pretty sad:top:

Last edited:

Toon714

Reaction score
I won't even comment on that ridiculous statement, unless you truly don't know you can force feed more air with a supercharger or turbo then it can take in naturally. When you force feed the engine through the throttle body size isn't as critical. Guys have pushed over 15lbs of boost through the stock one, and it will take more so it is not as big a restriction as cylinder size and valves are. Boost is measured in the manifold so you already made it past the T/B

Torspd N/A is a different game as you know because you want to limit restrictions on the vacuum side, this is where a larger TB would come into play, when your N/A or your supercharger is behind the T/B like the TRD system is. And for the record I felt zero gains with the AFE intake and had no time difference. Difference came with Hi flo Y pipe and 2.7" pulley

Lol! Mr know it all right here...
U assume u know.... :rofl:

I bet these tb will show some gain.

Show some dyno werty and prove him wrong.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Lol! Mr know it all right here...
U assume u know.... :rofl:

I bet these tb will show some gain.

Show some dyno werty and prove him wrong.

I do know played with several different TB's on the vet no gains, swapped the same TB's on the magnusun supercharged vet and there was a gain not a lot but some. :laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?...ebsite/Common/pdfs/LowBoostCausesAndCures.pdf

Look under "Throttle Body"

And don't dismiss so quickly thr data I have compiled of people's dynos. N/A and F/I.

If you didn't understand that was a rhetorical question, that is pretty sad. :top:

Last edited:
Top Bottom