Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD 70mm Throttle Body

Super Werty

Reaction score
feel exactly like stock it's just faster. Air fuel is the same

Ridefoxone

Reaction score
Awesome setup Werty! By the way, found my TB for $250 shipped on eBay. Will install in a couple weeks and report the POWAA

Gadget

Reaction score
Find me one. I need one more for my other truck.

G

XR

Reaction score
Why dont you take that bigger TB and send it to a porter and have the throtte shaft cut and it ported. My TB, blower and lower plenum was done by Stegmyer. I went from 330g/s to 358g/s. There is more air to be had if u take away the space that the shaft takes up. Just a suggestion.

Gadget

Reaction score
How did you measure this GPS change after the throttle body work?

G

XR

Reaction score
Having data logs before work and data logs after the work. I also now came to the problem that my injectors are now maxed out in the top of the RPM range. When I talked with S.M. he had told me that with the area that the shaft takes up can be about 80 plus CFM. Hope that makes sense.

Super Werty

Reaction score
interesting...

well I should be able to do a datalog then and see a spike in g/s

maybe this weekend I'll test it out

XR

Reaction score
Ya do it..... unlike one of the other guys on this post I do think larger TB will help. The whole engine is just a big air pump and the more you get in and out helps. If you send your TB off to do the shaft and port, think about sending in the lower intake. If your heads arent done there isnt alot to be had but it helps. It really cleans up the casting flaws where the two halves meet. Just another suggestion. Its all about efficiency. ....Wot, woo

trdtoy

Reaction score
No taco right now but will use my 2013 hyundai accent to get your minds churning. My accent has a 1.6l gdi engine that makes 138hp and 123 lb/ft tq. Intake adds around 10whp on this engine. Using scan tool and viewing live data on pressure in the intake manifold during high rpms wot the bone stock engine intake manifold pressure is around 97kpa with 101kpa atmosphere. With open throttle body to where the only restriction is the throttle body under same conditions the pressure is 99kpa. Oh and the throttle body measures 57mm. I would wager that the stock tacoma throttle body being a little larger than on my accent will have a restriction as well due to engine being over 2x displacement and making 2x power in stock form. How restrictive? Hopefully someone could show some results...

Last edited:

novanut21

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the inlet on the TRD S/C is 65mm or can be enlarged to match the urd adapter plate and 70mm TB?

Top Bottom