URD CAI and MAF Sensor Questions

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by TacoRojo, May 17, 2017.

1. TacoRojo

TacoRojo New Member

I am going to purchase the URD CAI and the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator for my normally aspired 2006 X-runner. My questions are:
    1. Is the plug and play version of the MAF sensor calibrator worth the extra money?
    2. Should I replace the MAF sensor itself while I am at it?
    3. Will my truck be able to pass inspection in NC are this is installed?
    Thanks for your input.

2. thewarriordinghy

1. Mine came plug and play?
    2. Not unless you have a CEL.
    3. Not sure how NC does inspection, but I pass in part of GA that does a plain emmisions test, and have no emmisions equipment left.

3. TacoRojo

TacoRojo New Member

Thanks for the information!

thewarriordinghy likes this.
  4. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

I'll sell you my maf calibrator. Took it off mine yesterday. I felt a difference in the power. I too have the tcai and a mesh grill. Keep in mind, I bought it with all the parts installed. I took the calibrator, headers and exhaust out and went back to stock. I need to pass emissions in Jersey. The calibrator isn't plug and play. If I don't sell it, I might put it back on. Only took everything off to get the light off. And as far as inspection, i took everything off to reassess what was causing the code. 90% sure it's coils. Still working on it.

5. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

You should not need to remove the MAF Cal to pass emissions. It will not cause any bad things to make you fail a test. In states with a visual inspection like CA, the new PnP version might be an issue because they will see it, but it comes out in about 18 seconds.....

6. grantman55

grantman55 New Member

hey gadget order the wrong maf cal is there any way to change my order i wanted the plug and play but i orderd the one for turbo thats 210 plus shipping ill try and call customer service 2 morrow have a hood 4th of july