Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Maf calibrator thingy.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Okay, would this, or any other URD device work on anything other than a Tacoma? I wanna sport some of this on my Yaris.

Matt's06

Reaction score
It should work on just about any Toyota. I asked URD if it would work on my camry and that is what the told me. They will have to give a custom wire schematic for your Yaris because the wire colors on the ECU will be different. You need to email URD tech support to make sure.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Okay, would this, or any other URD device work on anything other than a Tacoma? I wanna sport some of this on my Yaris.

Don't take this the wrong way, but why would you put money into performance with a Yaris. I'd put it towards visuals if I were you...

ddongbap

Reaction score
Cause the Yaris is a totally different segment. Not to bash our X-Runners, cause I love em, but a 127inch wheel base isn't exactly anything nimble. Not to mention the ladder frame.

2300 LBS isn't much, and with just a little bit of power, can get moving.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Speed is relative to power, and power is relative to weight. (I think is how it goes)

215whp on our trucks, with a 3700lbs weight is 6.9 0-60. Imagine 215 whp with 1400lbs less.

I know it'll be harder to achieve on a smaller engine. But you get where I'm going at.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Speed is relative to power, and power is relative to weight. (I think is how it goes)

215whp on our trucks, with a 3700lbs weight is 6.9 0-60. Imagine 215 whp with 1400lbs less.

I know it'll be harder to achieve on a smaller engine. But you get where I'm going at.

Then just turbo the damn thing lol. FI is where the power is for that car. Forget all motor.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Then just turbo the damn thing lol. FI is where the power is for that car. Forget all motor.
Anything after 7PST makes the engine go BOOM. =[

Worse case, I'll swap in a 2ZZ. =]

project-c2

Reaction score
Back to the :top: . Gonna be picking up a URD intake with MAF calibrator. Is it like a Power Commander (for motorcycles), where I can transfer maps online and use similiar setups to get in the ball park with tuning. In the URD site, it says it comes with a map for otherwise stock truck. If I have a JBA exhaust, can they make a map for that and the intake? :dontknow:

Gadget

Reaction score
If the Yaris has a MAF sensor, then yes, the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator will work just as well on it.

Gadget

Top Bottom