Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd mk1.5

justin13703

Reaction score
So I decided to replace my small C30-94 that was on my MK1 with the C38-71. As soon as the oil fittings get here I'll put it all together and get it running. As well as the new supercharger, I also got the coupler for it (obviously), upgraded Walbro fuel pump and a 1000cc injector for the 7th injector. Once I get it all together I'm also going to make a trip to see Gadget again to get it retuned. I cant wait to get it all finished. I want to thank the guys at Younger Toyota and most importantly Gadget for helping me make this happen. Heres a couple crappy cell phone pics of it:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

justin13703

Reaction score
Thanks man, I should have the fittings on tuesday so it'll at least be running and the injector will be here thursday. Then I will get ahold of gadget and we'll see what it does lol.

justin13703

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I cant wait, I havent driven this thing in forever and I cant wait to get it fired up. Right now its an 85 mm pulley but Gadget will let me know if I can go smaller when we tune it.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
this is next on my list!!! How much did it set u back?

Murderface

Reaction score
What's the difference between the 2 besides the obvious? Is the 2nd one that's usually on the MKII kit or something?

Gadget

Reaction score
We like to call the upgraded Mark1 systems Mark1-E for enhanced.

Several of our Mk1 customers have upgraded to the larger C38 series Superchargers.

It does require the new style mounting bracket, pump kit and 1000cc additional injector.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
this is next on my list!!! How much did it set u back?

My original supercharger had a bad bearing when I got it from the dealership, so they covered the amount that it would be to replace the c30-94, and I paid for the rest. The bracket and fuel pump you can get from gadget, and the 1000cc injector was 100 bucks.

butters607

Reaction score
My original supercharger had a bad bearing when I got it from the dealership, so they covered the amount that it would be to replace the c30-94, and I paid for the rest. The bracket and fuel pump you can get from gadget, and the 1000cc injector was 100 bucks.

where did you get the injector from?

justin13703

Reaction score
where did you get the injector from?

RC Engineering. rceng.com It's a 1000cc mustang style low impedance injector. They say they will have high impedance onces available later in the year.

What's the difference between the 2 besides the obvious? Is the 2nd one that's usually on the MKII kit or something?

The c38-71 is a good bit bigger, I had to get a 2.5 to 2 inch coupler to get it to fit because the output on the c30 is 2 inches, this one is 2.5. It also flows more air at a lower speed so you can put smaller pulleys on it without overspinning it. I'm sure there's more, G knows all the specifics of it I'm sure.

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Sweet.... This is a thing I am for sure going to do..... Just praying for this job. :top: Keep us posted and do you have any size comparisons? That would be awesome. Thanks again for doing this write up since I will be doing this and it may even be in the near future. :biggrin:

Could you post a link to that 7th injector though? thanks.

Last but not least what are you using to tune?

justin13703

Reaction score
Sweet.... This is a thing I am for sure going to do..... Just praying for this job. :top: Keep us posted and do you have any size comparisons? That would be awesome. Thanks again for doing this write up since I will be doing this and it may even be in the near future. :biggrin:

Could you post a link to that 7th injector though? thanks.

Last but not least what are you using to tune?

I have a picture of my old one after I took it off, I can't do a side by side though cause I gave the old one back to gadget. I'll add the pic of the old one when I get home. A half inch in the size of the output doesn't sound like much but I can tell you it is a good bit bigger than the other one. And I didn't see the injector on their website, but I got their number off there and called em. Only took about 5 minutes on the phone and they had one ordered for me. And I'm having Gadget tune it for me, I'm not sure what he's gonna use, I'm only about an hour and a half away from him so I'm just gonna drive it to him to get it done.

Edit^^^ he beat me to it. Lol. Thanks, that's a good comparison.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I would assume if he is running the 7th injector he has the AIC that came with the MKI kit.

X-roller

Reaction score
I have a picture of my old one after I took it off, I can't do a side by side though cause I gave the old one back to gadget. I'll add the pic of the old one when I get home. A half inch in the size of the output doesn't sound like much but I can tell you it is a good bit bigger than the other one. And I didn't see the injector on their website, but I got their number off there and called em. Only took about 5 minutes on the phone and they had one ordered for me. And I'm having Gadget tune it for me, I'm not sure what he's gonna use, I'm only about an hour and a half away from him so I'm just gonna drive it to him to get it done.

Edit^^^ he beat me to it. Lol. Thanks, that's a good comparison.

So then you are running stock injectors with a 1000cc 7th??.... if that is all that is needed... I may be doing this within a couple of months at most....

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^theres quite a bit difference in size between the 2, wonder how much HP you'll gain from upgrading to the bigger one?

Also make sure u video a 40-90 run so u can add it to the thread for those times. Looking forward to seeing some videos of it in action:top:

Top Bottom