Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd mk1.5

justin13703

Reaction score
Wow this is alot of info lol... I think if I do anything I'll go with the trd injectors. I'm not trying to go too crazy and while the truck isn't really my daily I still drive it a good bit, and it sounds like the 668s would have too many drawbacks for what I want...I guess I'll keep an eye out for a used set of trd's and go from there.

But there's alot of good information coming out here so please keep it up lol

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
I think the issue is in the size difference between stock and upgraded. Like G said the tuning is done by altering signal (voltage I believe) A huge jump in injector size will require a huge difference in the signal to the ECU. I think I read somewhere that double the size is a general guideline.
What I am wondering is if the TRD flash is done for 425cc injectors will it be then easier to tune the 668s because the size difference is now much less?? :dontknow:
Do people with the TRD flash that have upgraded to the 668s and the X-1 has less idle issues than those of us with no flash?

This brings up a question I have long been wondering.....

Will a TRD reflash work with a URD MK kit? Will the truck run just like a TRD boosted set up.

The reflash makes the ecu you adjust for boost and the different size in injectors.... so since this is boost would it still be considered the same as a TRD boosted set up or is the mk and trd completely different forms of boost since one is centrifugal and the other is not.

Gadget

Reaction score
Stay away from the TRD reflash.

I have seen some serious bugs in it.

The one that concerns me the most is on a few trucks I have seen the ECU ignore the MAF sensor signal all together when the boost starts rolling in.

If you use tuning device that adjusts the fuel by altering the MAF sensor signal, you can't tune the fuel when this happens and you are SOL.

The X-1 can handle this because past 30% throttle it takes full control of the fueling and prevents any interference from the ECU.

There are other bugs I have found but this one is the greatest concern for tuning so don't go jackpot yourself and get a poorly done reflash.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
So I put in my 1000cc 7th injector today and everything is still running good. I can't remember if I posted this already lol but I found out that the slight belt squeak I had was because the belt was 1 groove off center on the water pump pulley. So I moved it over and it's all good now. Also fixed the check engine light, it was just because the MAF sensor was unplugged. But I found a set of trd injectors from a member on here I will probably be getting. Then hoping I can find someone that'll upgrade to a map ecu3 and sell me their map ecu2 lol. Then I should be good to go.

Murderface

Reaction score
What I am wondering is if the TRD flash is done for 425cc injectors will it be then easier to tune the 668s because the size difference is now much less?? :dontknow:
Do people with the TRD flash that have upgraded to the 668s and the X-1 has less idle issues than those of us with no flash?

That's a good question about having an ECU reflash to run the TRD 425cc injectors, I also read Gadgets response to this question.
As far as ur other question we can start another thread and see if people like myself who have a reflash, X-1 and 668cc primaries have less of an idle issue with the bigger injectors then those that don't have the reflash. I know when running E85 my idle doesn't jump around before settling down like it does when I'm running 93 octane gas. I ran E85 for 3 tanks and just had to switch to gas and I haven't felt the idle issue yet:dontknow: Also won't be running E85 anymore till it gets hot out again, that cold start with E85 BLOWS DONKEY BALLZ!! it always takes 2 times to start and the first start sounds nasty like the motor is knocking:thumpdown: I'll be waiting till late spring to run E85 again besides the use of alcohol in the winter has very limited pros besides the power increase.

I wanna run them on e85 with the upgraded set up like this guy has.... we will be in contact g but I need a tuning system to handle it first.

Will u have the room in ur injectors to run E85? I know Gadget said his are maxxed out and can't run it on his X. If u had an X-1 you would have to check ur IDC and see if there's at least 30% room left in the injectors.

Can u even run E85 using a MAPECU or HALTECH?

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will be before we see someone run the Haltech with 668cc injectors and E85? I'm sure there's gotta be someone out there that's had it with waiting for some X-1's to be released

darthyota

Reaction score
well im going haltech once i get the funds together for it. my mechanic says hes not sure what it will take to make it work so i want to have a fairly sizable budget before i pony up for it

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
All good questions. Like Christdenied said, probably best in a corresponding thread. So with that said, I am planning on a Haltech PS2000. Might be sooner than I had planned to purchase though. We'll see.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Hmm, lots of good info here. Im actually ordering a 1000cc right now so i can top off a little bit in the upper rpms, leaning a out a bit with the 75mm.

And I gave up hope on running the 425's with a maf cal until we get a half way decent plug and play tune for 425s' on what ever ecu will hit URD next.

MRK1.5 upgrade...sounds very tempting...but my bank account has different thoughts...as does my odo...:biggrin: 136k miles

EDIT: They will have it here tomorrow. Very fast and friendly service!!! Living 120mils south of them helps a little too....:top:

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Im about to get some TRD injectors from a fellow member here...then hopefully someone will come up off a mapecu2 to upgrade to the mapecu3 and i'll be good to go. The 1000cc 7th is def a nice upgrade, only took about 5 minutes to swap it. The c38-71 sounds awesome too, i had some guys in an sti the other day telling me how badass it sounded.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Im about to get some TRD injectors from a fellow member here...then hopefully someone will come up off a mapecu2 to upgrade to the mapecu3 and i'll be good to go. The 1000cc 7th is def a nice upgrade, only took about 5 minutes to swap it. The c38-71 sounds awesome too, i had some guys in an sti the other day telling me how badass it sounded.

I raced my friends GTI (20lbs GT28R, 3" down pipe...) and i was starting to pull her through 3rd, when she let off for no reason...:dontknow:

Turns out, she left her window down, and the sound of my C30 was hurting her ears. :biggrin:

I kinda liked that the c30 sounded like a damn passenger jet taking off
That was is exactly what she said it sounded like. :top:

So, what did you do for a re-tune? did Gadget throw sumtin on there for yah?

My logic is that all i need to do is reduce the cell numbers by 25%, (25%bigger injector), and it should run with near the AFR's the G-man originally intended it too. Albeit, with a few more PSI...:rock: Anyone care to chime in? *coughs*Gadget*cough*

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
That will not work.

Just follow the U-Tune Guide. Do it right or leave it alone.

The tuning process I developed years ago has become the industry standard for tuning piggy back systems. It is simple, it works, and it is the right way to do it.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
So, what did you do for a re-tune? did Gadget throw sumtin on there for yah?

Not yet, im meeting him to take care of that on Saturday. It runs fine and I've been driving it around unchanged with the bigger supercharger and bigger 7th injector, I just don't get on it and keep it out of boost until it gets retuned. That's been the hardest part of this whole deal.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
That will not work.

Just follow the U-Tune Guide. Do it right or leave it alone.

The tuning process I developed years ago has become the industry standard for tuning piggy back systems. It is simple, it works, and it is the right way to do it.

G

Shit dude, Ill follow the guide. I was just hoping To find an easy way. Shouldn't be to hard, sense I would assume that the truck will be in open loop, through out most of the cells. But like you said, I will follow the tuning guide.

Sorry if "insulted" your algorithms in some way...

Gadget

Reaction score
You did not insult anything.

Just know if you go trying to reinvent the wheel that it will take you way longer to get it sorted out.

The U-Tune process is the simplest, quickest way to do it, that is if you do it right.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
You did not insult anything.

Just know if you go trying to reinvent the wheel that it will take you way longer to get it sorted out.

The U-Tune process is the simplest, quickest way to do it, that is if you do it right.

G

So I put the 1000cc injector in there. And drove around and did some mild pulls in in third gear, started small and worked my way to full throttle. My afr are 10.4 through most of the mid range and leans out 11.4 @ the redline @ wot. I'm surprised at how close they are considering the tune is the one that came stock on the mrk-1...

I'm thinking lean it out a tad in the midrange (11:1), and just leave the upper bit alone. Of course, I will follow the u tune guide, and work in small steps.

Now my question is, will you run out of fuel with the bigger c38 charger? I guess we will have to wait till Saturday...

I'm impressed how much you can squeeze out of that tiny little c30, my x pulls like a bat outa hell. Makes me wonder what trucks like yours and super wertys must be like...:adore:

justin13703

Reaction score
Now my question is, will you run out of fuel with the bigger c38 charger? I guess we will have to wait till Saturday...

I'm sure it will run out of fuel eventually because I still have stock injectors. It should be able to go farther before running out of fuel though because now I have the bigger fuel pump.

Top Bottom