Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD S/C Belt shredded...WTF??

ntinhri

Reaction score
yet another excuse y u are going to come to the drag strip...... thread is a fraud... he is just scared of the trd fury that will be rumbling the dinwidde va 1)4 mile tomorrow ...

hahaha that sucks dave.. remember shat happends. but it sure is nice to call someone and talk to them about the problem and they actually can speak intellengly about it..

Super Werty

Reaction score
hey gadget

you were saying the other day I could technically drive my truck with the belt off....

does the URD s/c not allow this:dontknow:

ntinhri

Reaction score
hey gadget

you were saying the other day I could technically drive my truck with the belt off....

yes u can drive the urd charger with no belt.. but for dave I think belt or no belt his would go about the same....

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno what belt they are using, but cross reference it to the GATES belts. They are super strong. But def check your clearance everywhere.

-Ant.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
hey gadget

If your running the TRD blower, no. You wont be able to drive w/ the belt off. The URD yes, My mustang with the D-1SC Procharger, the belt would break and I could still drive (w/ no a/c, p/s, alt, or water pump) :(

-Ant.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
hey gadget

yes u can drive the urd charger with no belt.. but for dave I think belt or no belt his would go about the same....

damn...you guys drink some URD hatorade this morning:eviltongue::biggrin:

Steve, my truck may be outta commission right now, but at least I dont need a step ladder to get into it like you:top:
minime1.JPG

Gadget

Reaction score
OK folks I must admit that I am amazed that a simple belt problem has blown up to three pages so far. Belts crap out, sometimes for no reason at all. You should carry a spare because it is an odd size/configuration.

I am very confused now with all this talk about driving without belts.

So, let me try to unconfuse my self.

TRD Supercharger System - Yes, you can drive that engine without the supercharger belt installed if you need to. That belt only drives the supercharger and nothing else. You will have a power reduction because the supercharger now becomes a restriction in the intake and you will have less than stock power. As you drive the rotors will still turn because of the air being pulled through them.

URD Supercharger System - this system uses one belt for all the accessories and the engine. You can not run the engine without the belt. The fan and water pump will not operate and you will smoke the engine. You can in an emergency, reinstall the stock belt which will bypass the supercharger and run all the other accessories and the engine will run normally, but the supercharger will become a restriction in the intake and you will have less than stock power. So, URD supercharger people, please carry a spare belt with you in the truck or at least the stock belt so you can get home if it breaks.

Gadget

5000XD

Reaction score
TRD Supercharger System - Yes, you can drive that engine without the supercharger belt installed if you need to. That belt only drives the supercharger and nothing else. You will have a power reduction because the supercharger now becomes a restriction in the intake and you will have less than stock power. As you drive the rotors will still turn because of the air being pulled through them.

URD Supercharger System - this system uses one belt for all the accessories and the engine. You can not run the engine without the belt. The fan and water pump will not operate and you will smoke the engine. You can in an emergency, reinstall the stock belt which will bypass the supercharger and run all the other accessories and the engine will run normally, but the supercharger will become a restriction in the intake and you will have less than stock power. So, URD supercharger people, please carry a spare belt with you in the truck or at least the stock belt so you can get home if it breaks.

Gadget

Interesting to hear all of this Gadget. Does this technically mean that the URD charger systems run a larger 'strain' on the engine since it runs more parts? just wondering :hmmmm2:

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
All S/C's put more stress on the engine. The gears inside the S/C is what really affects the engine power loss. I had to run a LOT more boost in a D-1SC over a P-1SC to make up for the loss in power to turn the D-1.

to answer your question, no it is not anymore stress. Both S/C create a lot of drag on the engine. Free spinning pulleys dont make too much of a difference.

-Ant.

5000XD

Reaction score
All S/C's put more stress on the engine. The gears inside the S/C is what really affects the engine power loss. I had to run a LOT more boost in a D-1SC over a P-1SC to make up for the loss in power to turn the D-1.

to answer your question, no it is not anymore stress. Both S/C create a lot of drag on the engine. Free spinning pulleys dont make too much of a difference.

-Ant.

I know. But since the URD charger runs more 'accessories' as Gadget states I just wondered if this would stress the engine a little more compared to TRDs.

Gadget

Reaction score
I know. But since the URD charger runs more 'accessories' as Gadget states I just wondered if this would stress the engine a little more compared to TRDs.

No.

On ours ONE belt drives everything. With the TRD there are TWO belts.

Gadget

Vince77

Reaction score
I know. But since the URD charger runs more 'accessories' as Gadget states I just wondered if this would stre
ss the engine a little more compared to TRDs.

Either way all the accessories will be turning, so they have the same stress. TRD maybe a tiny bit more cuz of the extra belt.

Hope it just the belt tho. Good luck. :top:

Another alternative, keep a nice big roll of duct tape under the seat. :laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
The TRD unit uses its own dedicated pulley and belt inline with the crankshaft pulley.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yes and no; it's less stress on any one particular belt, and if the belt breaks ur not Fd. The belt would mind before the engine.

DOUG!

Last edited:
Top Bottom