Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd track bar still wraps

Nashman

Reaction score
Well this magic bar is not helping to much granted it helped a bit but still wraps and hops like a bunny

I have loaded it both ways up and down and it still wraps. I have not to load it really hard but I have a feeling this is just what it is and it will still wrap.

It wrapped with the stock steel leafs and now wraps little less with the flex form leafs

plz say I have to load this bar a alot to stop it from wrapping

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Something must be wrong if it’s hopping still I have the urd traction bar and have not had any issue with a slight preload in the bar.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Must truck hasn't ever thought about hopping since installing the trac bar....you sure the installation is right?

Nashman

Reaction score
Must truck hasn't ever thought about hopping since installing the trac bar....you sure the installation is right?
Can't really mess it up. If you have stiff side walls and sticky tires it hops even more in the rain. What way are you guys loading the bar up or down

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
My friend also has some hop with the urd trac bars with slicks on the drag strip. Didn’t have much time to mess with it that night.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really mess it up. If you have stiff side walls and sticky tires it hops even more in the rain. What way are you guys loading the bar up or down

The bar should push up on the forward mount.

Nashman

Reaction score
Tried that Frist making the most sense still wrapped tried the other way still wraps.

I may try loading it alot this time around.. If it doesn't work out I may try neutral. And if that doesn't work all add in shackle style end or something. Or just call bud built.

I have built many off road track bars as ll shackle and they worked great

Gadget

Reaction score
If the traction bar is installed correctly the only way the axle can wrap or twist in the leaf springs is if something breaks.

If you are getting some wheel hop you will need a better shock to calm that down.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
If the traction bar is installed correctly the only way the axle can wrap or twist in the leaf springs is if something breaks.

If you are getting some wheel hop you will need a better shock to calm that down.
G brings up a great point. It may be that you need either a better shock or your current ones are blown or not working correctly anymore. I have qa1’s and it they are all the way soft there can be some slight hop but if I turn them up past 6ish then I get no hop at all.

Nashman

Reaction score

Brand new oem shocks

mejbro

Reaction score
QA 1 adjustable shocks in the back for a couple hundred bucks will help a lot + some drag radials with 20 - 25 PSI.
Good luck!

Top Bottom