Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

user-unlisted's '05 SWB College Budget Build!

user_unlisted

Reaction score
My name is Jake. I'm currently 20 years old and from KC.

Originally looking for a Chevy Colorado, I accidentally stumbled upon this beautiful 2005 SWB X-Runner. It was over my price range, but I thought I'd at least go check it out. I knew a Toyota would hold its value much longer, and I loved how aggressive this truck looked. With only 76,000 miles on the clock, I knew she had a lot of life left in her.

Gave her my offer, she took the cash, and I got to drive away in one hell of a truck!

It has a clean title, no accidents, 2 owners (the second of which was a woman), and is in beautiful shape. It's got some superficial scratches here and there, but nothing more than I'd expect for an 8 year old truck.

Here's how she looked the day I brought it home:

I threw on some new Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2's pretty much immediately. Those tires were terrible.

Within the first week I addressed a few of the small things.

-Antenna Delete
-Black Front Emblem
-DRL wiring
-Fog anytime wiring
-Yellow Fog Tint

I felt the stereo was lacking, so I installed a Pioneer AppRadio and wired in a 10" JL W6 with a Diamond Audio 600.1.

Next I did the BLHM and added some yellow tint on my DRL's to match my fogs.

At this point I realized that my wheels were the only remaining silver components on the truck, so....

And that's how she's sitting now!

I ordered a new shift knob and rain visors today. Will update with pics upon install.

Hope you all like :top:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely something to be proud of. :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
I really like the way those headlights came out, they look awesome

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Truck looks good man, whats next on the list of mods?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Looks great and awesome deal! :top:

What's next... college budget drop?
If yes, don't do it.
Wait to get a quality kit!

Keep the modding bug!
:blurock:

user_unlisted

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

My plans don't include a drop. Suspension is one of those things I just don't half-ass on my vehicles and I don't have the money to do it right until I get out of school. I also want rims... Not painted rims... But again I just don't think my money is best spent there while I'm still paying for my education.

My modding is pretty spur of the moment... Can't be too sure of what's next...

I did do some blue LEDs in my cup holders today, and soon I'd like to change my gauges from orange and red to white and blue, to match the illumination on my head unit.

Rain visors and a new shift knob are on the way....

I think I'm going to buy some 09+ LED tails and do the BTLM in the near future as well.

user_unlisted

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my cup holder LEDs.

null_zps166d1a7d.jpg

Very happy with the brightness... Not glaring bright but still makes a water bottle glow noticeably at night. Can't really tell they are there during the day.

Top Bottom