Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

water injection

azjimi

Reaction score
I have heard various people with S/C's mention water injection and/or the URD 4U kit. I had no idea WTF you guys were talking about, so I am trying to bring myself up to speed, so any help would be appreciated. Here's what I think I know:
1. It's a way to (possibly) keep from blowing up your engine in high boost/high compression engines
2. The water has some sort of cooling effect on the charge, thus preventing knock.
3. The higher the boost, the more you need it
4. I would assume it is totally unneccessary below a certain boost level...like below 7 or 8?

Jonathan

Reaction score
I have heard various people with S/C's mention water injection and/or the URD 4U kit. I had no idea WTF you guys were talking about, so I am trying to bring myself up to speed, so any help would be appreciated. Here's what I think I know:
1. It's a way to (possibly) keep from blowing up your engine in high boost/high compression engines
2. The water has some sort of cooling effect on the charge, thus preventing knock.
3. The higher the boost, the more you need it
4. I would assume it is totally unneccessary below a certain boost level...like below 7 or 8?

i would say you are on the right track:rock:

at lower boost levels, think of it more as a saftey margin above anything else.
once the boost goes up, and you add in some methonal, the cooling properties really help fight detonation, and well, allowing you to make more power and put some more timming back in.

DOGO X

Reaction score
but need to find the correct amount of methanol injected! That's why is important to trim and tune your set up!

akakrill

Reaction score
speaking of which...

I will be installing the 4u kit...I've heard about nozzel sizes being to large for the 1Gr
Xrob could you clear that up for me? Do you know what happend to your 1g specifically?

Some recommend the 2d kit. I want to keep the 4u but I will not mess with it until I find someone who really knows what they are doing.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I will be installing the 4u kit...I've heard about nozzel sizes being to large for the 1Gr
Xrob could you clear that up for me? Do you know what happend to your 1g specifically?

Some recommend the 2d kit. I want to keep the 4u but I will not mess with it until I find someone who really knows what they are doing.

I went with the 2D kit because Jonathan had it installed and working fine on his truck (and installed mine).

Last edited:

Spyder327

Reaction score

when do you plan on installing your S/C?

XRobber

Reaction score

I really dont have anything to say about the 4U kit. Even IF it caused the problems on my truck, I would NEVER say that in public. It is not the correct thing to do about a company (URD) that is working hard to deliver a product to its consumers. I have no proof that it caused the issues I had, nor do I have proof that it did not.
All I know is what I saw with my own eyes, and what condition the block was in when I saw it.

Brian @ URD has said this kit has been installed on a 1GR with no problems at all. I would consult him, I am sure he can point you on the right path.
As far as the Jet size I used... I consulted Gadget when I first installed it, and he had me install the smallest jet that came with the kit....
I dont remember what size that was.

akakrill

Reaction score
I plan on the S/C install as soon as the y-pipe is out....

Xrob..no doubt the URD 4u kit is good, but the thing is I bought it and don't know what the real differences are between that and the 2D...Without bad mouthing URD or anyone associated...I'm just looking to get the setup right. Who else is running it right now?

Spyder327

Reaction score
I plan on the S/C install as soon as the y-pipe is out....

Xrob..no doubt the URD 4u kit is good, but the thing is I bought it and don't know what the real differences are between that and the 2D...Without bad mouthing URD or anyone associated...I'm just looking to get the setup right. Who else is running it right now?

If i remember correctly, i think Brian from URD told me the main difference is that you can run a higher percentage methanol (like 65% or something) through that 4U pump in order to do a better job of preventing detonation.

akakrill

Reaction score
Why?

The 4u kit on URD says its $699.00 Then when adding to cart its $929.00? I paid around $899.00 So which is it?

Spyder327

Reaction score
The 4u kit on URD says its $699.00 Then when adding to cart its $929.00? I paid around $899.00 So which is it?

I think the $699 is an error, i purchased mine for $899 as well and the price was supposed to increase. I'd say the $929 is correct now.

Top Bottom