Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Water Oulet O-Ring Installation

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How the heck do you get the water inlet housing installed without ripping this o-ring? I did use soapy water on the o-ring and then tried with soapy water on the o-ring and water inlet. Knicked the o-ring both times when I went to tighten the bolts. Luckily, I have one more o-ring but gotta get it right this time.

Any tips?

You can see the o-ring I'm referring to in this document at #7a.1:
https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Porta...html?sisuffix=ff&locale=en&siid=1478041092507

A223008E01.png

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always use silicone. Paste is better then the spray.

I may have to see if I can get some tomorrow at lunch. I do have some spray but didn't think would work well with an o-ring --- better for gaskets.

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
This is what I always use. Never had a problem with a rubbed oring. Been a Toyota mechanic for over 10 years.

Attachments

• IMG_2833.JPG
    IMG_2833.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 178

Gadget

Reaction score
I use straight dish soap It is thick enough to stick like grease. Lube the Oring and the inside of the water manifold.

Reaction score
The TRD SC instructions called for grease. I would assume it would be the same for a NA setup.

Gadget

Reaction score
Dish soap works well because you don't get oil into your cooling system. It also dries up and washes away. Won't soak into the oring and cause it to swell like some silicone products can.

The trick is to get it all lubed up and ease the manifold on while running your fingers around the oring to keep it from bunching up. The first time I did it it was a bitch, but after a few times you get the hang of it pretty quick.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dish soap works well because you don't get oil into your cooling system. It also dries up and washes away. Won't soak into the oring and cause it to swell like some silicone products can.

Used your method... went on easy. Thanks!

Top Bottom