Well stock class in auto cross is out the door time to play with my exhaust

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by Nashman, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Nashman

Nashman Member

Well first off I can build just about any thing secound I really really REALLY hate the sound of the 1gr uncorked

so this being side i was looking to make system that will alow me to keep my low end and give me abit more pep up top

so i can get this shinney short runner pos from ebay and add in 2 vibrant glass packs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-H...ash=item2325b476c3:g:~pUAAOSwYlJW42F4&vxp=mtr

I am pretty sure this will sound not to bad ..... oh and add header wrap if it has header chime

any one run this system before?????

next is to build a intake some what like urds and then add in my apexi neo for now to tune it up abit

2. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

The muffler you run may affect the sound too. The magna flow is smooth sounding imo

3. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I run Doug Thorley long tubes with 3 inch magnaflow exhaust it sounds ok but it's really loud. Well over 100db

4. Nashman

Nashman Member

i have a dyno max vt right now really nice muffler for a y piped v6

5. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

I see on your profile that you had a 2.5" exhaust. Did you feel any gains with the 3"?

6. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I feel a loss honestly. I feel the loss on the low end but upper end gains a little. A supercharger would fix all those issues.

7. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

Are you planning to go boost for the reason of the upgraded 3"?

8. whippersnapper02

Yup!

9. shane881510

shane881510 Member

Either setup u go with, if u make a equal lenght y pipe will u will get the best sound out any muffler combo.

x-runner kid likes this.
  10. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I plan on supercharging it and then lll stop there. For a daily that should be more than enough

XMPLRY808 likes this.
  11. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

I have one big magnaflow converter after the Y pipe, with 3" going threw a magnaflow muffler. Yes I have the low RPM rasp but it's tolerable. I have a good tone once the VVTI comes on.
    This set up is a bit loud in the cabin at interstate speed.

Torspd likes this.
  12. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

I have thought about adding a resonator to it to quiet it down. I'm sure that would create a lower smoother tone

13. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

I'd like to know what exhaust components get the most out of a supercharged engine, but without the rasp or loud cabin noise....

14. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

equal length headers and y-pipe will the biggest factor in minimizing rasp, but there will always be some with a big v6 they will also flow better and make more power because the exhaust pulses aren't fighting for the same space in the exhaust

15. thewarriordinghy

I have urd headers, urd competition ypipe and a no muffler side exit, at high rpms it flows perfect. Noticed no loss or gain on the very low end.

16. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I'm TRD S/C with DT Long Tube headers, and the Spec-U complete exhaust....love it. No cats to worry about.

x-runner kid likes this.