what are xr values in your area?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Discussions' started by blu xr, May 24, 2017.

1. blu xr

blu xr Member

im asking because it seems like they are going down here in tx near the dfw area...so much so i was considering one that was for sale a while back.

i bought my wife a 2016 tacoma texas ed. when they first came out because all the 2014-15 were just $2-3k less, some were even more!

every dealer i went to said tacomas have the highest resale value...why not the xr?

discuss

2. Cal Frez

Cal Frez New Member

blu xr- the xr is becoming a collectible here in Florida. Not many around and the few that I see are in mint/custom condition. One last weekend had a badass bed cover with a wing on it. Mine is a beater, but its gonna get fresh paint before too long. Paid $15K for it with a lot of miles (over 100k). XR is the best Tacoma Toyota ever produced IMO.

blu xr likes this.
  3. stevethao

stevethao New Member

I live in Georgia and just bought my xr in March for $9500 (BSP, 140k miles, stock). Went to pay the tax and they valued the truck at $10,500.

blu xr likes this.
  4. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

I paid $19k for mine. 55k miles, bbk, short shifter, supercharger, headers w/ full exhaust, kenwood dvd player/navigation, new Michelin tires, one owner and garage kept. I'm in California.

blu xr likes this.
  5. Cal Frez

Cal Frez New Member

Wow. You stole it with all those mods. Good job!

blu xr likes this.
  6. MaK10-XRnR

MaK10-XRnR Member

Yeah, I test drove it with the blower on it and I was like yeahhhh... I gotta bring this home. Here's a picture from the 1st night

Attached Files:

blu xr likes this.
  7. blu xr

blu xr Member

that is nice...

yeah it looks like they very from state to state

anyone else finding good deals?

8. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

I bought mine recently and paid 10k with 52k on the clock. It had check engine lights from the previous owner because he did all the wiring himself. I fixed all the issues, almost full stock now. I saw today in my same town an SWB like mine for $12500 with 115k. This is jersey

blu xr likes this.
  9. armytrd

armytrd New Member

They're all high mileage in va but are from 10,xxx to 16,xxx. I got mine while stationed in Hawaii it had 72k mileage for 20k 5 years ago.

blu xr likes this.
  10. blu xr

blu xr Member

only 3 ive seen in the area are $14500 to $16k

the one that's $14500 is an 07 swb w/60K miles and a new tranny...is this a deal?

11. Cal Frez

Cal Frez New Member

Not hard to figure the need for a new tranny if the engine has been modified. (assumption on my part) otherwise i would question it.

12. blu xr

blu xr Member