Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Did You Do To Your X-Runner TODAY?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So I just joined an FJ Cruiser forum because well, I've finally retired the X-Runner from daily driving at 217,000 miles. But this is one of the fun threads I saw over there and thought it would be a good way to get a little more chatter around here. So what did you do to your X-Runner today?

I replaced mine with this pig as my DD. 2011, Army Green, FJ Cruiser "Not So Special Edition", 6 speed manual. The NSSEs were supposed to be Trail Teams Special Editions but arrived in the states without many of the TT upgrades due to the tsunami in Japan. Buyers had the option to wait for a fully built TT or add the upgrades at the dealer. Clearly this one got the upgrade treatment. She's got the TRD wheels, Warrior front bumper, roof rack, JBL sound system, and rock sliders. It's unknown exactly how many there are but it's thought to be less than 100 total. TTSEs were 1 of 2500 each model year. Manual transmissions were estimated to be about 10% of the total production. So the way I see it I've got roughly 1 of 10 manual NSSEs. :cool:

FJ1.jpg

Attachments

• XFE 2016.JPG
    XFE 2016.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 26,617

spicciani2

Reaction score
You just couldnt help yourself with this 6spd tranny... Whats your secret to loving it? Swap immediately with the URD TOB? anything else preferred clutch?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
You just couldnt help yourself with this 6spd tranny... Whats your secret to loving it? Swap immediately with the URD TOB? anything else preferred clutch?
::::knock on wood::::: it doesn't have the TOB squeak. Everything is stock, and the last thing I plan to do is drop the trans.

mejbro

Reaction score
Nice FJ Homie!
I "walked" by my X an hour ago to get to the washing machine...
I've got parts all over the garage so does "not stepping" on them count towards what I did with my X today?

mejbro

Reaction score
You and I are in the same class sir!
Front half looks great!

mejbro

Reaction score
More action than my X is gettin'!
I am near being motivated, but not yet...
Way to get rid of that GUNK

Reaction score
Been driving mine to work all week , since I loaned my work van to another guy, first time drivibg it since lc engineering long tubes and urd maf Cal with aggressive tune, feels great

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
CD8DE481-AE0D-4989-8E98-6EB8FC4D1802.jpeg
F2B04EEC-F075-42BC-88A0-FB1B4312372D.jpeg
Got my secondary pump. Just trying to figure out where I want to mount everything. And meth tank

TRON

Reaction score
I cooked my NST Kit idler pulley and bearings today. And completely shredded my SC belt. Anybody got an extra idler pulley for the NST overdrive Kit lol?!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I cooked my NST Kit idler pulley and bearings today. And completely shredded my SC belt. Anybody got an extra idler pulley for the NST overdrive Kit lol?!
Highly doubt that....weren't many of those kits in use even when NST wasn't stealing people's money.

TRON

Reaction score
Yup. I remember that too. I know NST probably still has these idler pulleys for other cars. And It’s a common size. Getting in touch with them is another story all together.

Top Bottom