Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What i'm driving now

Reaction score
Hey guys I haven't been here in forever!!! I still see the X-Runners and enjoy seeing them, loved the little truck! I went to a Pontiac G8 GT thereafter and got bored with it after 5 years and traded and got into a 2008 C6 Corvette with a Procharger D1SC kit, AEM Meth Kit, ECS Fuel System, Kenne Bell BAP.

I got bored with that and now I have a complete engine build being performed by Late Model Engines of Houston, TX.
The build consists of a 6.0L iron block, forged pistons, forged connecting rods, chromoly push rods, ported intake and ported ls3 heads, upgraded oil pump, custom grind blower cam. Going to pulley down to a 4" pulley and I have a bigger intake for the Procharger and a TiAl BOV and McLeod RXT clutch and MGW short throw shifter and some other goodies. I look to be around 750-800~ after tune.

I will update this thread with pics once my car is ready if you guys are interested!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Was it that you were bored with the setup in the Corvette, and that is what the engine is being built for? I am a little confused.

Either way, that should be a pretty damn mean build once done! LME is right down the road from me as well. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Interestingly, some of your mods are the same as mine for my truck. Lol.

Reaction score
Was it that you were bored with the setup in the Corvette, and that is what the engine is being built for? I am a little confused.

Either way, that should be a pretty damn mean build once done! LME is right down the road from me as well. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Interestingly, some of your mods are the same as mine for my truck. Lol.

Well I didn't exactly elaborate on the reason for the engine build. I wish it was all for pleasure but it pretty much was out of necessity. I ran into a seemingly small rain puddle that turned out to be a seemingly large rain puddle lol and my engine took on a consider amount of water through the intake damaging number 7&8 cylinders. So I figured since I needed a new motor I might as well get one built. I look to be in the 1000hp range with this build next year. Had to stop where I'm at due to lack of funds but the platform will support the horsepower just need the cash, that's coming tax time :blurock:

Reaction score

Very true! Don't have any pics of the actual build yet but I do have some pics at purchase and some pics before the upgrades and will update as I receive the build pics!!!

Picture of my car without engine, notice how it sits higher. When I first seen it I thought they lifted it! lol.
yrNUrM.jpg

Procharger D1SC
AfxYM2.jpg

tQJ5fz.jpg

Dallas Performance Big Mouth Kit
wmYZlV.jpg

sQXkxM.jpg

hplEDw.jpg

xtkEhU.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Nice looking car.

One question, what is a push rod?

G

Reaction score
Well I got a couple pics take. These are pics of my LS3 heads being ported...they flowed 375cfm intake and 270cfm exhaust!

h8MoaO.jpg

IjVExd.jpg

Reaction score
decided to go with a Callies Compstar 4340 forged 4.0" stroke crankshaft. Will raise displacement from 365 to 402!! :crinklehair:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
im not much for vettes but you have a beautiful car bro...
good luck with the build and keep up posted

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Thanks man, I thought everyone liked Vettes? lol

I can definitely say the corvette community is very strong and faithful to the car, my Dad is corvette crazy and at one point had three including a z06. I will say they are fun to drive and can sounds absolutely amazing. Best of luck with the build :rockon:

thechief21040

Reaction score
Well once I finally sell my x I know who to contact when I buy a c5 and build the shit out of it looks good bro keep it up!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Definitely sounds nasty, cant wait to hear that thing stretch it's legs!

Top Bottom