Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whats a better mod at this point?

05Xrunner

Reaction score
So i am thinking of doing something...Was thinking MAYBE the X1 or the URD flywheel and stage 3 clutch..The clutch/flywheel is alot cheaper but doesnt really make the power the X1 would..but then I wouldnt have to worry about my clutch going out down the road from more power. The X1 would give me a nice boost in power but its double the price.
Does anyone with a light flywheel have any rev clips..id like to hear how much snappier the motor revs with it in :)...I would love to have that bark type rev

X-roller

Reaction score
I can make some for you tomorrow..... I have stage 4 and fid alum fly. I would make some right now but I don't have my camera.... :frown: but as far as power gains go.... I would have to say it was quite a good investment because I was in the same boat as you but decided to go smarter. I don't wanna have to drop the trans later down the road because my clutch f-d up and my flywheel needs replacing. I spin in 1st now from a roll.... Yes I know it's common at lower elevation but at my high elevation I couldn't do that before.... Now I spin in first from a 15mph roll to WOT. My top end is actually better too. I have almost maxed out my truck in N/A mods and I am actually quite happy with it.... My next step is going to be headers and X-1.... I saved the biggest power gains for last because I was just like you and didn't want my stock clutch to blow because I had gained all this power. :top: Hope this helps and if you still need a vid tomorrow let me know.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
yea would still like to hear a vid..does it rev a good bit faster then stock? I mean i figure it should taking 13lbs off the flywheel

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
hell dude post up a vid anyway... id like to see and hear how much better it revs... im interested in decelleration as well... our motors take a long time to wind down stock....

X-roller

Reaction score
Quite a difference..... It sure does sound a lot meaner. just because it revs faster though. i've done everything possible as far as making the engine rev faster though. Pullies, e-fan, flywheel, intake. It's pretty much as fast as it's going to rev. It was the biggest difference though from all the other mods that I did as far as it goes for making it rev faster.

hell dude post up a vid anyway... id like to see and hear how much better it revs... im interested in decelleration as well... our motors take a long time to wind down stock....

lol I know exactly what you mean. My friend in his s2k was telling me about that... he was like I hate how long it takes for your truck to come back down from a rev...... His flywheel weighs 10 lbs stock or something around that... lol.

Last edited:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
lol I know exactly what you mean. My friend in his s2k was telling me about that... he was like I hate how long it takes for your truck to come back down from a rev...... His flywheel weighs 10 lbs stock or something around that... lol.
well I mean I dont think you can spin 30lb at 9grand without it blowing everything apart in that silly little thing

X-roller

Reaction score
I can make one with my phone if you don't mind the sh*tty quality.....

It just might lag and may not give it any justice....

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Our RPM taking long to come down is more of an ECU issue for the emission than flywheel mass.:top:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
i wish we had a 9k redline lol! at least in first gear only.... that way first gear would actually get us somewhere!

Our RPM taking long to come down is more of an ECU issue for the emission than flywheel mass.:top:

oh yeah? can you explain that a little more in depth for those of us without the knowledge

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
lol.... just get an x-1 and you can take 1st to about 40....

Grumpy

Reaction score
I have no hard proof on that but its the general understanding of newer engine with drive-by-wire. Other manufacture also have this quirk.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that after you lift, all the rich mixture from acceleration is not getting burn completely and dump out the tail pipe. Bad for emission. Throttle hang allow ecu time to adjust injector pulse to high vaccum condition for more complete burn, thus less emission. This is my guess on the subject matter, anyone with better understand please chime in. I don't want people walking around with misinformation.

X-roller

Reaction score
Do it right the first time. :top: You gotta have the parts to handle the power.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
thanks grumpy... it makes sense....

i may google it one of these days.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the clutch since the combo is half the price. Plus thats all i need is to do the X1 and my luck put it tad over limit then i will have a blown clutch

05Xrunner

Reaction score
has nothing to do with saving more money..I have it..I just am not really sure I want to put that much into the truck this year.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the clutch since the combo is half the price. Plus thats all i need is to do the X1 and my luck put it tad over limit then i will have a blown clutch

N/A with the X-1 won't put you past the limit of the clutch, as long as its not a manufacturer's defect. The stock clutch can hold more power then people give credit for.

For instance, I was running low-mid 13's, trapping between 104-107mph with no slipping on the stock clutch at all. That was boosted with the X-1.

As long as you're experienced and good at driving a manual, and haven't already slipped it too much, it should hold just fine.

teamben158

Reaction score
Are you planning on going FI in the future?

If so -> clutch/flywheel
If not -> X1

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I say keep the clutch until the day it meets its fatal demise :laugh:

Get the X-1 and enjoy the fun. Upgrade the clutch if you NEED to, or if for whatever reason you already have the tranny dropped.

Top Bottom