Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Cold Air Intake is Better?

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
Which one is better for the Buck out of the list BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE:
AEM
Fujita
True Flow Intake (NOT URD)

Attachments

• AEM21-8402DP.jpg
    AEM21-8402DP.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 97
  • SR-3307-1.jpg
    SR-3307-1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 131_0711_03_z+novmeber_2007_4x4_products+air_filter.jpg
    131_0711_03_z+novmeber_2007_4x4_products+air_filter.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 94

Gadget

Reaction score
I have not run or tuned any of those intakes so I cannot say how good they are as far as MAF accuracy.

Have you considered the aFe Stage 2 Si ?

G

07XRsteve

Reaction score
i think you should go with what gadget said im running the TRD, the aFe that he is suggesting is the same except it has a hole in the bottom for better air flow around the filter if i could go back and do it over i would go with the aFe

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
get the AFE stg 2 si bro, its a great and very well made intake

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
I just got the AFE sealed intake from Gadget and am VeRY happy with my purchase:top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
i think you should go with what gadget said im running the TRD, the aFe that he is suggesting is the same except it has a hole in the bottom for better air flow around the filter if i could go back and do it over i would go with the aFe
:dito:
Me too!

Don't know about the other two, but I've had the Fujita and thought it was a great intake!

Fujita4.jpg

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Do u want to suck in hot air or cold air?

Hot engine air is no good and TB spacers do NOTHING for u:thumpdown:

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
ok i think im gonna call and cancel and i ordered my Short shifter from Gadget today and it shipped out same day>>>>HOW KOOL IS THAT!!!

Reaction score
I'd call and cancel if you can...

I have the AFE intake shown by G and I felt a damn good difference from it, it was my first power mod...

It also comes with a dry cleanable filter that, if I'm not mistaken, AFE offers for the TRD intake as an upgrade...

Not to mention the extra hole for better filter usage :top:

nine9six

Reaction score
From 'bone-stock' to '$1100 pending' in about a day.

Damn!

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
no not pending, For Sure, Until next pay day at least...Then im shooting for pulleys and maybe mids

anybody got any pics of the INSTALLED AFE STAGE 2 intake?

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
no not pending, For Sure, Until next pay day at least...Then im shooting for pulleys and maybe mids

man you don't waste no time with the mods! lol. be sure to research the pulleys before you purchase them to make sure its a product you want:top:

off topic comment :crinklehair:<<<thats the most badass smiley EVER!

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
yea i know right im thinkin of adding it but its not really me with my high and tight...haha..when u say research the pulleys what should i be lookin for?

oh yea FYI i have had my truck a week now and its only got 352 miles on it an dim about too VOID the piss out the warranty...guess i could do like i did with my camry and put some TRD emblems on it soo they will work on it for maintenance reasons...hehe

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
yea i know right im thinkin of adding it but its not really me with my high and tight...haha..when u say research the pulleys what should i be lookin for?

well the CP (crank Pulley) doesn't have a dampener on it like our stock pulley does and if you decide to install it yourself make 113% sure you do it right. a few people have had problems with oil leaking from the crankcase its likely due to improper install but something to keep in mind:top:

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
well the CP (crank Pulley) doesn't have a dampener on it like our stock pulley does and if you decide to install it yourself make 113% sure you do it right. a few people have had problems with oil leaking from the crankcase its likely due to improper install but something to keep in mind:top:
hmm...what about the water pump and idler

Top Bottom