Whitney Houston

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Phil Dammit, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

So this is what has happened over the past 6 years of owning my reglar cab mini.

How she sits today

[​IMG]

Starting from the begining I bought her used with a slavage title for a 8900 back in may of 2007 after my fullsize 1500 finally cost me my last dime. Machined a spacer lift, mounted 31's on the stock steelies, and swapped the buckets for 200sx seats.

Attached Files:

#1 Phil Dammit, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

Then I swapped the stock stereo after a few configuration to what it is now. Still have yet to take a pic of my sub box but that is going to change in a few months. 3 Memphis amps, Eclipse touch screen with Ebrake bypass, Focal 3-ways, and a Indy Hurst out of a scrambler.

Attached Files:

3. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

After having a decent year, money wise, I finally was able to get the wheel and tire combo I wanted. 265/75/16 on 16x8's. Also finally did the exhaust, highflow cat and magnaflow muffler. 2.25 downtube back.

Attached Files:

4. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

Couldn take the 16mpg's anymore so I decided to finally give up on the dream of being LT and linked in the rear. Took the lift off (still forsale) and decided to mini her out. Exhuast has been redone, DJM arms are at the powder coaters, 6lug leafs are on, Higher PPI stock height Eibachs are in the garage, as well as XR Billys, spindle drop spacers are on, just waiting on beefed blocks and DIY notch to get to my front door. Will be sitting 4.5 up front and 5.5 in the rear. Still need to order 12way QA1s.

Attached Files:

5. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

I like it, when plan comes together.

Looking good.

6. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Looks great... dammit! :top:

7. sdxrunner619

sdxrunner619 Active Member

Good luck on the 5.5 drop in the rear. The front leaf perch will get dragged on everything...

Though, it will look properly bad ass with that wheel/tire combo!

8. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

Damn, that things been around the block lol. Looks good though, it's cool to see it go from stock to lifted with big tires to lowered with nice wheels.

9. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Coming together really well! Love that gold on black!

You going to contact XII Performance for the QA1's?

10. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

Its even been across the country and back, first lift happened in VA second happened in AZ.

Ry rys a full inch lower then that when i road in his mini and he didn have issues but ill most likely do some trimming while im under there next weekend.

Nah gonna do 12ways from summit. Finally found the part number for them on customtacos so ill be grabbin those with my next paycheck.

11. sohc4now

sohc4now Member

I love that you named your truck something off the general path. I named my truck Morgan Freeman. haha.

12. SDXR619

SDXR619 Member

She looks so much better dropped. Speaking of Morgan Freeman, he's actually making an apperance at my work because my company is doing the premiere of his new movie. Something Olympus.

13. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

I came up with it because my trucks black and her front end is all beat up, just like whitney houston. How did you come up with morgan freeman?

14. sohc4now

sohc4now Member

The XR is black and drives me around. Just like he drove Ms Daisy.

15. dually

dually New Member

That thing is still monster truckin, Phil.

16. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

I know, I'm waiting for beefed to ship out my blocks

17. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

Well got the front end slammed today. Repowdered the DJM arms only to have to grind some of the welds down at the reinforcement spot because they did such a shit tastic job assembling them to ensure that the lower balljoints seated properly within the mounting holes. Not a happy camper to say the least with the fit and finish of these arms.

Front end feels solid though with the new bilstein struts and higher ppi stock height springs. Rear end slides around planted on U-Turns and these Gmax tires really hook up good. Hopefully blocks show up later this week to finish then to order QA1 12 ways once I know the height of full extension.:D

Attached Files:

18. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Got any pics of the completed back amp wall?

19. Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Member

The pic that I posted is the completed wall. Minus redoing the wiring with cleaner 16ga-4 wiring for the mids and highs, and 14ga-2 for the lows. Here are some pics of the old setup before I used my amps as the crossovers and the old Polks I had before the Focals.

Attached Files:

20. Clifford

Clifford because race truck

I'm a large fan of this build. I love the single cabs!