Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whos sitting at 500+ and...

widdoz runner

Reaction score
just wondering whos sitting at 500+ at the wheels, how they did it and what type of tranny theyre running k thanks

Toon714

Reaction score
torspd is 1 that made to 488hp.
twin turbo red xrunner made 600+hp from florida. i beleive

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
X-runner?
Nobody on this site that I know of. We have several in the 400-450hp range, but that's about it.

X-roller

Reaction score
I am well on my way to hitting over 500+... aiming for 600 actually if fuel lets me.... might do corn to keep it safer.... if you have any questions let me know if I can be of assistance...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I keep telling you. You've got to get past 400 before you get to 500.... :rolleyez:

X-roller

Reaction score
I keep telling you. You've got to get past 400 before you get to 500.... :rolleyez:

i'm literally going to skip hitting 400 tho... I'm starting off at 13-14 psi on that 64mm turbonetics.... :laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

widdoz runner

Reaction score
hmm so pretty much its only the turbos pushing 500 or close to it??? what type of tranny is being used cause if my memory is correct ours are only rated for 400... or would upgrading the clutch help it out considerably? what about hardening the trans?

widdoz runner

Reaction score
torspd- you talking bout the 05x-runner guy with the blower and t-56? i know the psi x-runner has around 700.... idk im just trying to get fave at the wheels and it seems like only turbos can do that... plus ill be dialing it down for the streets. something superchargers cant do....

what about the 400+ club? what trans are you guys running?

5000XD

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e2013487fe11c8970c-800wi

widdoz runner

Reaction score
i forgot the trd 5.7 with the tundra drivetrain... ehh id like to stay manual but that thing is a beast also...what would be the price and what benefits are there to going 5.7 besides extra cylnders? wouldnt it end up being too heavy up front/ same proablems with the 2jz swap? has anyone actually done this swap besides trd?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
torspd- you talking bout the 05x-runner guy with the blower and t-56? i know the psi x-runner has around 700.... idk im just trying to get fave at the wheels and it seems like only turbos can do that... plus ill be dialing it down for the streets. something superchargers cant do....

what about the 400+ club? what trans are you guys running?

Correct. 05X-runner. He has a T56.

The PSI built XR had a stock transmission, unless most recently changed. It also had a Clutch Master Custom clutch.

On my time at 475 whp, I was still using the oem trans as well. It wasn't until that engine was shipped out and my spare was in that I used the T56.

rexrunner

Reaction score
If you want power do a ls1 swap. The price to build a 1gr is stupid and they don't last.

Gadget

Reaction score
I do not of anyone that massively broke a stock trans. There have been a few to break the shifter forks and get them stuck in gear.

Mostly it is the syncros crap out and you just cannot shift them quickly. That is way most of us have done the T56 swap.

The stock trans seems to hold up to the power, just crappy syncros.

G

Tunedx

Reaction score
Its unfortuate stronger syncros are not available for ay6 transmisson

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I do not of anyone that massively broke a stock trans. There have been a few to break the shifter forks and get them stuck in gear.

Mostly it is the syncros crap out and you just cannot shift them quickly. That is way most of us have done the T56 swap.

The stock trans seems to hold up to the power, just crappy syncros.

G

I was under the impression (in my early years of drifting) that they would all exploded when driven hard, until i saw PSI racing was still somehow using a stock tranny...:ahhhhh:

I used to be just counting down the days till my tranny exploded (163k miles!!!!), now i seem to just not be able to keep rear ends together...:laugh:

I cant rush my 1/2 shift, but all the others seem to do just fine...i also change my gear oil ever 10k miles...:top:...which reminds me, that's coming up.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its unfortuate stronger syncros are not available for ay6 transmisson

That is probably part of it. Also, their specific design, as how they engage each other. It might be that they aren't meant to be shifted through gears as fast as we would like, due to the type of cut. The T56 has cone style syncros. That can be shifted through fast and easily.

Sdxrunner should be able to find out which style the Taco has.

That one reason alone could be why they start having problems. Trying to shift to fast/hard, has a negative effect on the Aisin trans due to its synco design. Possibly?

blastap

Reaction score
60k and going fine without any issues! I have even drag raced it 5 times

X-roller

Reaction score
That is probably part of it. Also, their specific design, as how they engage each other. It might be that they aren't meant to be shifted through gears as fast as we would like, due to the type of cut. The T56 has cone style syncros. That can be shifted through fast and easily.

Sdxrunner should be able to find out which style the Taco has.

That one reason alone could be why they start having problems. Trying to shift to fast/hard, has a negative effect on the Aisin trans due to its synco design. Possibly?

shift links are weak, syncros are garbage, and the ratios are horrible for a transmission design... the 1st to 2nd ratio is just stupid apart which is why most of us have issues with 1st to 2nd shifting.... explains why people that auto x them more than drag race them are having less issues because 2nd to 3rd shift ratios aren't that bad and they don't require a lot of shifting... the components when the tranny is in a gear are stout its the links between shifting that are the real problem...

Top Bottom