Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will these fit on my truck?

InkedRunner

Reaction score
I know the lug spacing is ok but will our truck fit 15" wheels on it? Then next question, is the offset going to be OK for our truck? I found this listing on Craigslist and I need some snow tires and rims. This is all the info I can get out of the guy. Thanks for any help.

(4) 205-65-15 Bridgestone Blizzak
Black steel rims with 7 spoke alloy style wheel covers
Less than 500 miles of use - virtually brand new
Fit 2003-2007 Accord with 4 cylinder engine - may fit others including those with 16" wheels
5x114.3 bolt pattern

InkedRunner

Reaction score
I know this is all the info i can get on the tires.

Does anyone know the recommended offset for a 2007 Honda Accord? Thats how I can start to figure this out. The guy said he got the tires off of Tire Rack and it is what they recommended for his car.

Than the other question. Will 15" wheels fit on our X-Runners?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score

Does anyone know the recommended offset for a 2007 Honda Accord? Thats how I can start to figure this out. The guy said he got the tires off of Tire Rack and it is what they recommended for his car.

Ummmm....why do you want to put 15" wheels on your truck? Stock rims are 18' and going smaller will look way off. Also, if you do want a 15" rim, and you have a really high offset (which I'm almost sure it will be) you're truck will look not right. Just my opinion. Most likely it will fit though. :thumpdown:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
He's just using them for cheap snow tire I think??? I would think any offset from -30 to 0 would work if ur just using them in winter. I would feel better with a -25 or so to keep from throwing shit down the side.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
They are asking $275 for the set and I need snow tires and wheels. and $275 is a good price.

I DO NOT care about looks. I am going for functionality in the snow. Any input helps.

I just talked to tire rack and they said 15" will fit our truck. They are just concerned that the 1477 lb load capacity per tire might not be enough for our trucks.

The guy on the phone says that for the Bridgestone Blizzacks to work my truck can not have axal load exceeding 2954 lbs. So I need to check my little sticker in my door (which is at home) to see if our trucks weight exceeds this weight in the front or back.

I also found out that the height of the wheel tire combo will end up being like 2 inches shorter than the stockers. I wonder if this will make me look lowered an inch?

But I am still wondering about the offset.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the offset because the guy isn't providing it, but the overall wheel diameter is an inch and a half smaller. When I looked up the standard offset on the 6.5" wheel it was in the 40-45 range. This will pull the outside edge of the wheel in by 30-40mm. Also the load rating on the recommended tires on TireRack is 94 and the standard potenza is a 99, I'd be worried that they wouldn't handle the weight of the truck :top: I also don't know that the 15" rim would clear the brakes...tirerack doesn't have a 15" package for the X-Runner

EDIT: damnit you got that in while I was doing all this fun research Pat

Last edited:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Thanks for looking into that for me Hampster.

Anyone know our axle weight?

Venomous_X

Reaction score

Ummmm....why do you want to put 15" wheels on your truck? Stock rims are 18' and going smaller will look way off. Also, if you do want a 15" rim, and you have a really high offset (which I'm almost sure it will be) you're truck will look not right. Just my opinion. Most likely it will fit though. :thumpdown:
I wouldnt expect anything less than for you to read the entire post before posting but he is using them for a snow setup. 15's have been put on the xrunner before (Matt's06) had a set of 15" steelies on his truck but they may have been toyo steelies. From the looks of it, most of the oem fitments for accords are high 40s-50's....you "theoreticall" should be ok.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I wouldnt expect anything less than for you to read the entire post before posting but he is using them for a snow setup. 15's have been put on the xrunner before (Matt's06) had a set of 15" steelies on his truck but they may have been toyo steelies. From the looks of it, most of the oem fitments for accords are high 40s-50's....you "theoreticall" should be ok.

So are you saying that my posts are stupid? That you're better than me. And keep your fire back remarks to yourself. He restated it for us to clarify. He said it in a nice way. That was appreciated. You didn't need to come back with your response 2+ posts later.

As for missing the snow part in your post, my bad. We don't deal with snow here in Hawaii, so I wouldn't know.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
So are you saying that my posts are stupid? That you're better than me. And keep your fire back remarks to yourself. He restated it for us to clarify. He said it in a nice way. That was appreciated. You didn't need to come back with your response 2+ posts later.

As for missing the snow part in your post, my bad. We don't deal with snow here in Hawaii, so I wouldn't know.
And here we go with the shennigans....I mean "you" posted before reading in depth what he meant....Blizzaks are a snow tire. It's not the first time you've delivered your "opinion" in a manner that was less than nice. This in relation with how other posts spread among the forum. I agree my post wasn't very nice and it wasn't intended to be so but I do not believe that anywhere in my rebuttal I said I was better than you. I don't take kindly to being told what to do, just as you felt insulted so that can be washed out as well. For what it's worth I apologize and if you want to continue this argument, My pm box is always open rather than cluttering his thread up any further.:rolleyez:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Whatever you two. Don't get my thread closed! Get a room. Lets play nice now.

Shenanigans

xrunish

Reaction score
15?!?!?! are you crazy!!!!!! i thought i was insance when i purchased my 18's and your talking about 15's... want some rims? let me know and i can hook you up with a set from my shop

InkedRunner

Reaction score
For snow tires the smaller the better. As the size increases so do the prices for snow tires. I think the biggest rim I would like to get for snow tires would be 16" just because of the cost of tires. Like I said I am not concerned about looks. Nobody will see the truck with these wheels on it. Only the folks in WV where I go to the mountains to snowboard. She stays in my garage too so I will keep it secret. lol

If you have any steelies laying around without tires or bald tires please let me know.

xrunish

Reaction score
i just cant imagine that but you are right the bigger the set of rims the more expensive for the tires also... mine tires alone were 823 for nitto nto5's 275 and 295 +45mm, and that was the price my shop got it from so i got the team hook-up. imagine if i was just a stranger wanting those tires... good luck with figuring out everything... hope to see pictures

Top Bottom