Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Winter Tire Choice???

christhepike

Reaction score
Guys forgive me if I missed a previous thread on this subject but was wondering what most people selected for a winter rubber. I currently have summer Sumitomo HTR Z 3 on the truck and this will be my first winter with my X.

Thanks!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Nokian Hakkapilitta R
2. Bridgestone Blizzak

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
You don't get much of a winter down that way in Alabama. I run on Toyo country up my way.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of blizzaks. My friend had a set on his benz they were awesome.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I've run blizzaks since 05. Never once had a problem getting around in the snow.
Look at picking up a set of 15-16" wheels to mount them on. Much cheaper buying rubber in that size, and saves the wear and tear on the good ones.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran the blizzaks for 2 sets. Loved em! Now I've got the Hakkapillitta Rs and love em even more than the blizzaks. Can't go wrong with either.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
damn, how much do you drive on the snow tires. I am still on my original set of blizzaks.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I put 20+k a year on the truck.....and my snows are probably on for 40% of the year

darthyota

Reaction score
hakkapaleta 7's are even better then the r's. i currently have hankook ipikes for winter tires theyre ok but they were cheap

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
truck has probably seen close to 50K worth of winter driving.....they're winters, they wear a lot faster than summers. Just put the Nokians on for last winter

Can XR

Reaction score
You don't get much of a winter down that way in Alabama. I run on Toyo country up my way.

I run the same ones. Mine are mounted on 15 steel rims. I have had zero problems with mine. I've climbed hills that I thought I'd never get up in our trucks.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Nokian Hakkapilitta R's! unbelievable tires! last winter i was crawling up steep icy driveways and roads that guys in there big jacked up 4x4's couldn't make....

Brother Lu

Reaction score
Nokian Hakkapilitta R's! unbelievable tires! last winter i was crawling up steep icy driveways and roads that guys in there big jacked up 4x4's couldn't make....
What size are you running?I want to get mine ready for winter,but I was thinking of using my spare stock wheels.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I run my stockers. I've got 255/45/18 Hakka Rs. I put my summer rims in the bed under the tonneau for weight and she's great in the snow.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
ya if your not using your stockers throw the winters on them. get stock sized 255/45R18 rubbers

Top Bottom