Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'How-To' started by Vince77, Aug 25, 2009.
Those came out good. Nice job. Matches the headlights now.
No chrome! :laugh:
LOL That's what I told Brett! :laugh:
^^^ lookin good sister.. great job Nor Nor..
Very very nice. I like it
Is that red painted lines on your nittos? What kind?
No, they came that way. They're Nitto redlines NTRD1s. They're discontinued tho.
hey im about to do this tomorrow but do u cut the actual lenses or down the gap on the edge between the lenses and light section
down the gap on the edge between the lens
yea i went back out last night right after that post and noticed it about to start right now just have to stop by car quest for some silicone cause im doing the fronts as well
Get some pics up when you got them all done.
took like 5 hours and its finally donee (little more sanding on the edges but for the most part it's done)
Those tails look great. I've got an 08 red xrunner and it seems that My tail lenses have a red tint to them, yours look clear though. Do they actually have a red tint or is it just the reflection of all the red inside the actual tail lights?
Those tail lights look sick. Nice write up gonna definately have to do that soon:top:
Yeah man look like they have a red tint too what would be the best way to remove it?
sooo..... tried doing this mod. After totally shattering one lens, i ended up calling Pep Boys and buying a set of black housing, Led taillights. oh well. shit happens lol
i really hate the white clear tails
So I decided to do the tail light mod today. My tail lights have the pinkish tinge to the lenses which I didn't even bother trying to get rid of or hide. My dremel work went pretty smoothly, much better on the second light with my uncle's steady hands holding the light while I worked on both. I didn't remember to tape off the full "ring" around the brake light, as there is reflector there. I think it looks better with the full perimeter around the brake light blacked out, I just forgot to do it that way. Here's a picture of mine. I haven't finished painting around the outside edges yet, but will shortly. Took me about 3 hours total, silicone still curing. I'll put up a better picture when I get finished.
Nicely done. :rockon:
It's great to see these coming out so good, and not destroying tail lights.
We had a extra set for test dummies thankfully. Worked fine, so we did the other set.
Thanks for providing the write-up Vince. I really like the way your truck looks. Great work.
Subbed. Nice work guys.