Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

SDXR619

Reaction score
Love it! Went with the easier third way.. and it was way easy.Thanks

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
just did option 2...worked no problem. no warranty here so dont have to worry about anyone opening my fuse box

Deuce

Reaction score
going to autozone and doing option 3 tonight cant wait! thanks for the help guys

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Ive tried all three ways and mine still doesnt work. I had the ma and pa dealer install an aftermarket running light module when I bought the truck since it came from the states. It is a law here so it had to be done.

I wish I knew about the FLM before I bought the truck and had them install that stupid module.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Did you start the engine and release the parking brake? :dontknow:

Edit: Oops! I was thinking about the DTRLs... not the FLM. They should work together. I have the factory DTRL module and FLM and both work great.
Gppd luck figuring it out! :top:

Last edited:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Ya thanks man. Ive tried everything. Ive gota figure out a way to unhook the module but I know its nothing like the one Toyota offers. I had to get them to install a kill switch afterwards because if I had any power to my truck the lights would come on. Even with the parking brake up and all.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like some clown screwed your shiz, to add dtrl is should have been the simple plug in of a relay!

I am suprised option 2 didn't work for you since it has nothing to do with th dtrl.... Operator error... Haha jk

Last edited:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Ya I kind of want to go back and tell them to yank it out. Its been well over a year though, so theyd probably just tell me to fvck off haha

I am suprised option 2 didn't work for you since it has nothing to do with th dtrl.... Operator error... Haha jk

Believe me, I wish it was as simple as an operator error lol. I had my cousin with me when I tried all three ways and you cant stump that kid with electrical. We kind of gave up when we realized the HLs and fogs were tied in together and under the dash. It just blows having my HLs as my dtrls. Thats why I wanted this mod.

Last edited:
J

JDUB916

Yeah....... I'm not really sure what went wrong but I tried doing c2's way and as I was on the road the whole truck went C R A Z Y. A bunch of lights started flashing on the dash then they stopped and and I lost ABS, windows, AC, the TPMS light was on, and the parking brake light was on. THEN my alarm started going nuts, so i quickly pull in to a little parking lot and I get a CEL and my throttle doesn't work at all.... I could go all the way to the ground with the gas and it would only rev to like 2 grand. I call my friends up to help and we go back to stock as far as the FLM. We reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged which solved the CEL and throttle issue, and it turns out that it was the "IGN 2" fuse that blew under the dash which made me lose ABS, windows, etc.

I don't know how anything could have shorted out because all the wires were covered. My truck is fine now but it sure was scary when it happened lol.

I had the same problem when I tried Option 3 about a year ago. Truck wouldnt start, well it started but it was like fuel was cutting out. Is that because of this?

i was going to do this #3 mod...but i didn't because that fuse you use is connected to the fuel injectors pump....which is not good...just a FYI

I think I will try Option 2 and see how that goes....

J

JDUB916

Never mind! I did the awesome mod #2 but using the add a circuit, love it!!! Easy safe no splicing. And it turns off with the ignition key off!!

IMG_8007.jpg

Reaction score
So I did option 2 no more than 5 minutes ago. Worked like a charm and it was super easy.

Sorry, I didn't take pics of the during (since there already ARE pics). The only thing that I don't like is that the fogs are controlled completely by the switch. So turning the car off and leaving the switch engaged keeps the fogs on. I'll get used to turning them off I suppose and since the only time I use fogs is typically at night, I'll notice that they are still illuminated and turn them off.

Thanks for the OP on this. Saved me. There are two green wires in there and I had to look at the pics in the OP a couple of times to make sure I got the right one.

Woot!

Edit: I take that back. They do go off with the truck being turned off. My bad. :)

Last edited:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
The only thing that I don't like is that the fogs are controlled completely by the switch. So turning the car off and leaving the switch engaged keeps the fogs on.

Your saying that the fogs stay on without any power to the truck?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
RRcanuck read it again especially the part that says edit:top:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Oops, I swear that wasnt there before and that he edited what he originally wrote. I knew it didnt make sense. Haha

justin13703

Reaction score
I think he confused dirtygoatee saying they do meaning they do stay on. He meant they do go off with the ignition.

Just to clarify, the fogs WILL turn off with the ignition. Lol

Top Bottom