Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

Discussion in 'How-To' started by K2, Jan 13, 2007.

1. redarkx

redarkx New Member

With stand alone it won't turn off when the brights come on, mildly illegal, but I like it.

2. RockyTopRunner

I don't know to who's standards it's illegal. I pass people on the road all the time with foglights that don't turn off on high beam. I see so many that it can't strictly be a state law, so, if in fact it is a law then it must be a federal law to which some automakers ignore.

3. RockyTopRunner

So to correct myself, I did a little research and discovered that certain states do in fact have auxiliary lighting regulations. But I'm safe because Tennessee code only references the intensity, angle, and distance projected by whichever lights are in operation. It doesn't specifically say in which fashion the lights can operate simultaneously.

4. armando_x87

armando_x87 New Member

can't seem to make it work.. i did option 1 and 3. any idea what could it be.
    when i did option 1 one headlight will turn on and the other wont.. kinda weird.. could i be possibly doing something wrong ?

5. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

Your key has to be in the "ON" position for the circuit to be activated...

6. armando_x87

armando_x87 New Member

as for right now i have option number 3.. and when i have the truck on.. it dont turn on..
    does it only work when you have it on the ON position ? or how does it work.. thanks for help.

7. roy365

roy365 New Member

Does this make you be able to run fogs with your parking lights on, or is just to keep the fogs from switching off when you hit the high beams?

I'm more interested in option one.

8. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Both :top:

9. TheDirtyGoatee

Option 2 was super easy and with no experience in this, I was in and out in like 10 minutes.

10. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

It basically makes it so that anytime your ignition is on, if you push that button, your fogs will come on. Regardless of what the other lights are doing.

11. roy365

roy365 New Member

Gotcha. Version 2 it will be then. :top:

12. BlackTip12

BlackTip12 New Member

Foglight mod for 2012 xrunner?

I did option 2 on my 2012 xrunner and it did not work, I had a 08 xrunner and it worked just fine.
    Also, I tried to do the seatbelt buzzer disarm and it too did not work.
    Something weird going on with the 2012 xrunner..
    Any ideas or solutions please help??????????

13. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

See post#s 246 and 247 in this thread.

Basically, go here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/188638-2012-fogs-when-ya-want.html
    and read all posts.

Good luck! :top:

14. BlackTip12

BlackTip12 New Member

Thanks that worked, you know anything for disarming seatbelt buzzer on 2012?

15. rennurx

rennurx New Member

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, i didn't read the entire thing but does this allow ur fogs on while ur high beams are on?

16. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes! Fogs will come on at the push of the fog switch, when the lights are on it allows you to turn on the fogs( stock) with this mod you can turn the fogs on anytime at the push of the button, all other functions remain normal....

17. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak New Member

For anyone interested in having them come on with the headlights (& staying on when the brights come on) as opposed to the ignition (no need to use the fog light switch to turn them off if you don't want them on during the day) and prefers an easier, cleaner look check out the link in my sig. I wanted a slightly different behavior out of mine so I thought I would post this here in case others wanted this same setup.

18. Tiger314

Tiger314 New Member

Anyone knows how to make the fog lights to come on without having to turn on the headlights??? thanks.

19. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

Did you read the 1st post? Lol

20. fonzi

fonzi New Member

I did mine the old fashion way. Got a relay that is wired directly between the battery and fog lights and used the original switch to control on/off independently from headlights; however I keep them on all the time.