Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

redarkx

Reaction score
With stand alone it won't turn off when the brights come on, mildly illegal, but I like it.

Reaction score
I don't know to who's standards it's illegal. I pass people on the road all the time with foglights that don't turn off on high beam. I see so many that it can't strictly be a state law, so, if in fact it is a law then it must be a federal law to which some automakers ignore.

Reaction score
So to correct myself, I did a little research and discovered that certain states do in fact have auxiliary lighting regulations. But I'm safe because Tennessee code only references the intensity, angle, and distance projected by whichever lights are in operation. It doesn't specifically say in which fashion the lights can operate simultaneously.

armando_x87

Reaction score
can't seem to make it work.. i did option 1 and 3. any idea what could it be.
when i did option 1 one headlight will turn on and the other wont.. kinda weird.. could i be possibly doing something wrong ?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Your key has to be in the "ON" position for the circuit to be activated...

armando_x87

Reaction score
Your key has to be in the "ON" position for the circuit to be activated...

as for right now i have option number 3.. and when i have the truck on.. it dont turn on..
does it only work when you have it on the ON position ? or how does it work.. thanks for help.

roy365

Reaction score
Does this make you be able to run fogs with your parking lights on, or is just to keep the fogs from switching off when you hit the high beams?

I'm more interested in option one.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this make you be able to run fogs with your parking lights on, or is just to keep the fogs from switching off when you hit the high beams?

Both :top:

Reaction score
Option 2 was super easy and with no experience in this, I was in and out in like 10 minutes.

justin13703

Reaction score

It basically makes it so that anytime your ignition is on, if you push that button, your fogs will come on. Regardless of what the other lights are doing.

roy365

Reaction score
It basically makes it so that anytime your ignition is on, if you push that button, your fogs will come on. Regardless of what the other lights are doing.

Gotcha. Version 2 it will be then. :top:

BlackTip12

Reaction score
Foglight mod for 2012 xrunner?

I did option 2 on my 2012 xrunner and it did not work, I had a 08 xrunner and it worked just fine.
Also, I tried to do the seatbelt buzzer disarm and it too did not work.
Something weird going on with the 2012 xrunner..
Any ideas or solutions please help??????????

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score

BlackTip12

Reaction score
Thanks that worked, you know anything for disarming seatbelt buzzer on 2012?

rennurx

Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, i didn't read the entire thing but does this allow ur fogs on while ur high beams are on?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! Fogs will come on at the push of the fog switch, when the lights are on it allows you to turn on the fogs( stock) with this mod you can turn the fogs on anytime at the push of the button, all other functions remain normal....

Ostrichsak

Reaction score
For anyone interested in having them come on with the headlights (& staying on when the brights come on) as opposed to the ignition (no need to use the fog light switch to turn them off if you don't want them on during the day) and prefers an easier, cleaner look check out the link in my sig. I wanted a slightly different behavior out of mine so I thought I would post this here in case others wanted this same setup.

Tiger314

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to make the fog lights to come on without having to turn on the headlights??? thanks.

fonzi

Reaction score
I did mine the old fashion way. Got a relay that is wired directly between the battery and fog lights and used the original switch to control on/off independently from headlights; however I keep them on all the time.

Top Bottom