Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

Discussion in 'How-To' started by K2, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Dewey7

Dewey7 Member

Thanks for the write up I went with option 1. When I was finished everything looked awesome. Worked perfectly. But when I started my truck up it was idleing at 300-400 rpm. I was freaking out did I do something wrong. I searched this forum and found a few guys saying the truck needed to re-learn its idle. Sure enough couple runs later back to norm. Thanks everyone.
    :rockon:

2. -kenny-

-kenny- New Member

stopped by Pepboys and got everything i needed. i followed the steps. easy as cake.
    it worked the first try. took 10mins to get all the wires connected, heat shrank and put all the fuses in. then another 5mins to put it on the X. worth the money and easy mod

3. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Did option three like I did on my 06 and didn't work on my 2012? What the deal, anyone else have a problem with the newer Xs the fogs still works just like factory?

4. sanchleo

sanchleo New Member

i like this mod alot

5. uno808

uno808 New Member

thanks for the write up! super easy to follow

6. specless

specless New Member

nice write up

7. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

I did the option and now i have no abs and tcs is off..i camt figure it out

8. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

I did opt 1 and now my TRAC and ABS lights are on then the engine jumped down to 3-400 Roma but kicked back up after my ECU relearned the system but I can't get my lights to shut off any advice. :hmmmm2:

9. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

If yours is an 09 then the write up might not apply to you. A lot of stuff changed on the 09 and up so that might be your problem. Whatever happened sounds bad so I would undo it ASAP and try to find a write up for an 09

10. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

Yea that's what I'm gonna do cause ECU keeps having to relearn evrerything.....so sad cause it looks good

11. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

The add a circuit is the easiest way for this mod!

12. nolove

nolove New Member

Thanks for the detailed write up. Next on my list.

13. Hi_Psi

Hi_Psi New Member

Best....... Mod........ EVER!!!!! Lol took literally two min. You dont need the extra piece of wire, the Add-a-Circuit i got had a long wire strand, just needed to cut off the connector on it and install a new end for the fuse. Didnt find a 5amp fuse so i went with a 4amp. Should work fine.