Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Modifying Front Core Support Brace (behind grill)

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
so if i were or wanted to do this... i wouldn't be able too, because im not supercharged?

BlAck_TAco

Reaction score
ya just finished my reccesed grill yesterday and i remove the damn support brace.

now it takes 2 people 2 close the damn hood :motz:

i need 2 make some kind of brace for it.
ill probly do it when i put URD or TRD on on the thingy

heres some pics

Attachments

• RGM NIga.jpg
    RGM NIga.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 112

X'ED

Reaction score
ya it looks bad ass, now that i did it i wasnt to sure about it when looking at the pics on a thread, but painting the trd on the condenser with the RGM it looks awesome, i just got to get the latch supported so i can close the hood. i had to tie a pice of black string to my latch and run it thru the mesh grilling so when i close the hood i can pull the string to support it to close... its pain.... ill probly tackel that this week

blastap

Reaction score
i ran angled aluminum stock from the lower bumper mount up to the intercooler mounting tabs,also ran a hidden aluminum stosk down the back side of the intercooler

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i ran angled aluminum stock from the lower bumper mount up to the intercooler mounting tabs,also ran a hidden aluminum stosk down the back side of the intercooler

how much did the aluminum stock cost you...more so would you be willing to fabricate a set for me...:biggrin:

blastap

Reaction score
the stock was i think 10 bux from home depot, of course ill make you some , i would like to get you a pic before i do so you can judge if you like it or not

Tapp

Reaction score
havent had any issues with anything...i have noticed a slight more of hood raddle..but fixed that..that was due to those ebay lights...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
the stock was i think 10 bux from home depot, of course ill make you some , i would like to get you a pic before i do so you can judge if you like it or not

Sounds good bro...:top: thanks...just pm me the pictures...if can't you can email them to me...

X'ED

Reaction score
ya im out in my garage now try'n to figure this mess out. i fixed the hood shake... due to me forgeting to put the screws back into the grille on top... but the hood latch is going to be trickie

micpun

Reaction score
Hey BlastaP, could you get those pics of the braces? im looking in to do something similar.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
looks nice bro! might have to do this one...

EX runner

Reaction score
i did this a while back and had to put it back cause the hood goes crazy w/o it

Tapp

Reaction score
ok cool, i thought my hood raddle was from the ebay lights...so sometime this week Im gonna work on some brackets...

i feel bad about the issue...customizing can be pain..but in the end..all worth it..

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
ok cool, i thought my hood raddle was from the ebay lights...so sometime this week Im gonna work on some brackets...

i feel bad about the issue...customizing can be pain..but in the end..all worth it..

don't forget to make me some brackets...:biggrin:

big_dirte

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone did any support brackets yet that they have taken pictures of...I am doing my first couple of mods next weekend and this is the only issue I have seen with it. I am going to recess my grill and I dont want that eye sore everytime I look at it.

Dirte

blastap

Reaction score
its easier just not to do this, i have made some brackets but i wish i could have left it alone.

Top Bottom