Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: NST Crank Pulley Install

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got mine! Mine is the newer one with the shiney sleeve so oil doesn't leak out. Thanks coupe for the seal. I have one problem though I have a auto trans so what would I need to do to take my oem crank pulley off? Torspd suggested that I put it in 4th with the e brake on. Does that sound right?

I don't even know if that sounds right. lol. Like Grumpy said though. Impact makes it easy. Or a copy of that special tool that was made.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
So I'm guessing that there is a particular way of putting on the seal. It would be letters and numbers facing out yes? I'm gonna be installing it this weekend :)

micpun

Reaction score
the seal is pretty easy to put in. just look at the seal that is in place and put it in the same way. I want to say it is letters out but just make sure by looking at the one that is already in place.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Tackled this one today. Tried the 6th gear method and it failed. Just happened to have the perfect bolts in my lil collection though and with just more than a snug tension, the pulley stayed in place. I also didn't remove the belt, not completely anyhow. Just cranked up on the tensioner pulley with my ratchet and slipped it off the bottom pulleys. The NST was a tight fit and I had to get it a lil hot in the oven, lubed it up and got it on just enough to get the bolt started and then tightened it on. The trusty butt dyno isn't reading a whole lot. The truck feels punchy and seemed to get up to mid-range in third a bit quicker but I won't know for sure til I hit the track next week.

fmap4life

Reaction score
fyi When I did mine, it was snug. But put some oil in the pulley and slide it on and slowly turn it while applying pressure. Keep it spinning until you feel it stop, now keep spinning and put a little pressure on it and u will feel it match the key. bam put the bolt in and torque it...done

Top Bottom