Write-Up: Removing Front Plastic Piece

Discussion in 'How-To' started by 07XR808, Jan 15, 2007.

1. akakrill

akakrill Member

yea, well what about all the other paint around there?:stupid:

2. s/chargedxrunner06

s/chargedxrunner06 Toyota Master Tech

That's what I did on mine was cut off the 2 inch lip and installed, it matches the other black rubber trim and takes up that excess space so the clips and panels will stay tight

3. edinha

edinha New Member

Damn this mod took me a 1.5 hours. Too many freaking blue clips. Also, my grill got scratched, im soo pissed now. (thanks to my little bro)

4. BlackCat

BlackCat New Member

Anyone who pulled this black plastic piece off willing to sell it to me cheap ? I'm in Tucson, AZ so preferrably someone close by or anyone willing to ship cheap.

5. Ninja_Taco

Ninja_Taco New Member

We *Me and Simplex* did this mod today and it looks great... We will get some pics up later... hardest part was cutting the bumper guard so the kit wouldnt sag... Although it still doesnt fit as good as it did... Im sure I can figure something out but its great for the meantime.

6. xrunner5-0

xrunner5-0 New Member

Go to your dealer and order that part #. I did this and it looks factory and less wiggle. Its like 15.00 or something.

7. Xample

Xample New Member

i will prob be doing this...over the weekend. plus im gonna cut out the lower grill and spray my intercooler w/ the urd logo. wish my non-patient ass luck

8. rich017

rich017 Active Member

This was a bitch when I did mine. But the outcome is well worth it:top:

9. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Good luck you non-patient ass kracker :biggrin:

10. Xample

Xample New Member

finished this today, much better imo.. made me wish i had smaller hands though :eviltongue:

11. Dallas

Dallas New Member

i took the whole bumper cover off, then I put the clips on backwards...
    for a german fit= good en tight

12. GABERMAN707

GABERMAN707 New Member

always thought people just got it painted. but dam, thats sexy. i attempted to do it last night but got lazy cuz i was too exhausted from my day. i'm going to do it later on tonight. but it does look like its gonna a be a b!tch gettin all them clips off.

13. crown14

crown14 New Member

I just did mine, taking your time is very important. The two blue clips on the ends were hard to get back on for sure. I actually drilled a 6mm hole in the flat end of the clip and used some super long needlenose to guide the clips back into place. The other good part about the hole in the clip is that to release them in the future all I will need to do is insert something through the hole and pull the clip off.

I also used the rub strip from toyota (the part number is listed earlier in the thread) and it is a little tricky but looks totally factory. I am very picky about this truck and Im quite pleased.

14. Murderface

Murderface New Member

just finished the bumper mod on my BSP 05 and let me tell u a mod that costs no money is like a sore diick..........you cant beat it!!!!!!:rock:

#34 Murderface, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  15. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

its a great mod, it not only makes the truck look better but its a great experiances in patients and keeping you sane

16. rich017

rich017 Active Member

This mod will teach you patience and how to keep your temper cool

17. Colbster

Colbster New Member

Someone at work dinged the front of my X on this plastic piece and I was wondering how I could fix it...Looks like I found my answer!!!
    This site rocks!:rock:

18. guy714

guy714 New Member

i just did this mod and found out that removing the whole front bumper made it easier and alot quicker especially with the blue clips

19. InkedRunner

InkedRunner New Member

I just did the mod as well. I cut the bottom piece of the black cover to keep the fit tight like lennie said. It worked like a charm. There is no way that taking the whole bumper off took any shorter time that leaving it on. I would highly recomend not taking the whole bumper cover off. Its just too much work to take the whole bumper off compared to the ease of this mod with it on.

20. jmony55

jmony55 New Member

i guess its all up to the person doing the mod. myself personally, i found it very easy to take the plastic piece off once i removed the bumper. then again, i had no choice but to remove the bumper because i had to install my lower grill piece.