Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Removing Front Plastic Piece

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Just did this one today. It's a subtle but totally neccesary change. Makes the front look more sleek and unified and less cheap. Wasn't as hard as some people made it sound but having long skinny fingers was surely good help. Getting those corner clips back in was definately the hardest part. Ironically I broke most of the push clips when putting it all back together, not while prying them out.

VanCity

Reaction score
just wondering about this mod..so if i take off the plastic piece what is underneath?..another plasticy looking thing or is it a painted peice..i dont get this mod?..in the pics all of a sudden its red underneath..was it painted or what?..confused canadian here:dontknow:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
VanCity said:
just wondering about this mod..so if i take off the plastic piece what is underneath?..another plasticy looking thing or is it a painted peice..i dont get this mod?..in the pics all of a sudden its red underneath..was it painted or what?..confused canadian here:dontknow:

It's just a cover. The bumper is painted behind the cover. If you take yours off then PM me if you wanna get rid of it.

VanCity

Reaction score
im thinking about taking it off but then I assume rock chips will show up..the black plastic turned kinda grey on me but I used mothers "back to black"..now it's black again :)..but if I do I will definitely send it down to louisiana for ya;)

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
VanCity said:
im thinking about taking it off but then I assume rock chips will show up..the black plastic turned kinda grey on me but I used mothers "back to black"..now it's black again :)..but if I do I will definitely send it down to louisiana for ya;)

Thanks alot bro

MonteSS8707

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just removed the plastic piece yesterday. I must say it's way easier to just take the frt bumper off and do this. Saved myself a lot of frustration and bending my hands in ways they shouldn't be bent. Definitely a great free appearance mod. Should of done this right after I bought my X :smile:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
MonteSS8707 said:
I know this is an old thread, but I just removed the plastic piece yesterday. I must say it's way easier to just take the frt bumper off and do this. Saved myself a lot of frustration and bending my hands in ways they shouldn't be bent. Definitely a great free appearance mod. Should of done this right after I bought my X :smile:

There are alot of ppl on here and TW looking for that piece if you wanna sell it.

MonteSS8707

Reaction score
There are alot of ppl on here and TW looking for that piece if you wanna sell it.

I ending up cutting about 2.5 inches off of that piece and installing it behind the newly exposed painted piece. I followed grillcraft's instructions and it was very simple. There are a lot of great and intelligent ppl on here. Everybody seems to really help each other out too. This forum is definitely better than the last forum I was on when I had a car. The vendors are great as well and go out of their way to help. Very glad I bought an x runner and joined the underground.

foxracinfor20

Reaction score
i like the way it looks on some trucks but not others if i go with racing stripes i may do this

costa07

Reaction score
i'm looking to buy one. if anyone has removed theirs and would like to sell please PM me.

Jwheatley

Reaction score
Thanks alot for this, have a lower Grillcraft mesh grille to our in and this will save alot of time

SplitFilleR

Reaction score
Been debating on doing this, think I'm gonna do it. Justlooks so much cleaner with the plastic piece off

bobbychin11

Reaction score
hello all, im living in Jamaica and just bought a 2006 X Runner (Red) it needs a paint job, but im worried about the strips around the body kit can i get them to buy or should i just tape them out when im getting the paint job done ? please give me some advise

Top Bottom