Write-Up: Transmission Fluid Change

Discussion in 'How-To' started by Stevenredx, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Darker6

Darker6 New Member

changed the oil yesterday, i felt a difference for sure, but it still grinds 5th for me =/ i'll just keep easing her in 5th..

apparently, the previous owner had changed it not so long ago, seeing i drained pretty clean oil out the tranny, haha.. oh well, at least i got to know my truck better.. and felt good knowing previous owner took good care of her =)

2. Shacho

Shacho New Member

Just completed the fluid change and wanted to echo with pics what have already been put out about filling the tranny via the shifter.

IMAG0012.jpg
    Shifter removed from base plate mount via pushing down on inter tab and rotating counter-clockwise

IMAG0013.jpg
    Access to service tranny

IMAG0015.jpg
    Servicing tranny with the good stuff (MT-90)

IMAG0016.jpg
    Re-installed everything that was removed to gain access. The hard part of this process was jacking the truck up/down. This forum/other's write-up were extremely helpful. Thanks!!:top:

Attached Files:

3. smilinn red x runner

I did it that way I did it when I put in the through out bearing.

the URD kit

#143 smilinn red x runner, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  4. Poke Squid

Poke Squid Member

Cool trick. I'm going to try it out.

5. thegreathenry

thegreathenry New Member

Can't wait to do this!