Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB, engine :(

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'd buy that thing right now if it was closer to me

DItto^

Small update, i got the extra plenum from sparky. Gonna cut open my old one, and see the design on that damn butterfly valve. So far, im liking the SD mini-truck motor. a motor with 100k less mile then i have now sounds pretty sweet:rolleyez:

Still have heard nothing from the online places. Im setting my deadline for picking a motor, to weds next week.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
LS7 swap? haha. Good luck with everything and I hope it works out for you man.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
LS7 swap? haha. Good luck with everything and I hope it works out for you man.

In the futures, you never know...dry sump oiling and 500+lbft sounds amazing in my truck...:rockon:

But now, replacement 1gr for now. :smile:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing is, Grumpy as had plenty of practice swapping motors. Mine, lol. So if you need some advice, or a hand, he is a great source for that.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Good thing is, Grumpy as had plenty of practice swapping motors. Mine, lol. So if you need some advice, or a hand, he is a great source for that.

HOLY SHIT DUDE. 475.66 whp 549.44 wtq @ 14.83 psi.....sounds like you have it just about dialed in:rockon:

Good to know, i'll hit him up. Also, im cutting open my old intake after work, so look for a thread on that...:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks man. We looked into one a while ago because we were curious about it. Grumpy had a spare one that he wanted to cut up. We just never got to it.

SDXR619

Reaction score
Good luck with everything. Was going to suggest SDminitruck. But it seems you already know about them.. I like that place =D

Gadget

Reaction score
Thank you sir. Sent out a request forum. Going to call two local salvage yards right now, and see what i find.:top:

Getting a late start today...just woke up:eviltongue:

You should not be paying more that $1500 for a very good used engine DELIVERED!!! Always negotiate down to or below $1500.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
You should not be paying more that $1500 for a very good used engine DELIVERED!!! Always negotiate down to or below $1500.

G

Whats "very good" in your book? Maybe you get better deals because you are, well, you. :top:

Cheapest i have found was 1,200, low miles and a cracked timing chain cover...All the others are around $2,000:dontknow:

Gadget

Reaction score
Just work with that low mileage engine company. Just work them down.

The last engine I bought was a 2010 FJ engine with 50 miles on it for less than $4000. It the only one in all of North America.

G

dramad1

Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
Whats "very good" in your book? Maybe you get better deals because you are, well, you. :top:

Cheapest i have found was 1,200, low miles and a cracked timing chain cover...All the others are around $2,000:dontknow:

Wow and double wow. Lol. I'm still looking as well and didn't really come close to either these #'s. Hey g you ever think of buying a few and fixing them up for sale for all us unfortunates. I'm guessing if you did they would go quick anyways. Wondering if you could suggest a few places that you have found them that cheap?? Right on fellas.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Just work with that low mileage engine company. Just work them down.

The last engine I bought was a 2010 FJ engine with 50 miles on it for less than $4000. It the only one in all of North America.

G

Wow. I'm still waiting to hear back from low Mileage engine company .... but ill have to give it a shot once I hear from them....

Murderface

Reaction score
Why not find urself a dual VVT-i engine outta an FJ or 4Runner and be the first to drop that in an X? Sure you'll need the whole wire harness and a couple other things but hey why not see how much it will cost ya. You'll already be making more ponies over our engines

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Why not find urself a dual VVT-i engine outta an FJ or 4Runner and be the first to drop that in an X? Sure you'll need the whole wire harness and a couple other things but hey why not see how much it will cost ya. You'll already be making more ponies over our engines

Hmm...maybe...doubt ill find a engine that new, for a reasonable price...part two is, i doubt my tranny can take much more POWA. It started the 5th gear grind yesterday...:frown:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Yup our trans are junk

Trust me i know I had such a PITA time trying to downshift form 3-2, while sideways, everytime it would just grind, ended up just sacrificing some JDM drifto gangsteness, and let my truck straighten out, before grabbing second. I might need a driver mod, in all fairness:rolleyez:. But yah, of course while trying to drag race, second gear is always a B*tch to get in to, too....

only reason my exhaust is so loud is so i cant hear my;

• TOB
  • Shifter rattle
  • chassis squeaks
  • bed rattle
  • passenger side window air howling
  • Back window rattle (plexiglass)
  • POS Chipher automotive seat, squeak

Toyota quality, what ever happened to it?:frown:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So those Cipher seats are junk?

I honestly don't even think they are safe, the seat back flexs, like back of an old plastic desk chair at school. And the passenger seat squeaks when there is no weight in it. Really scetchy in my book, only reason they are still in, is because of the side to side support. But I'm going to invest in a sparco or something..:thumbdown:

Grumpy

Reaction score

Torspd 1.0 signing off
104_3266.jpg

Top Bottom