Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB, engine :(

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Heard back from low mialge engines.... these are prerunner motors:
3100, 15k miles
2750, 56k miles
2250, 89k miles

So, according to gadget, I should be able to talk them down, to 1,500...shipped....that's a lot of talking down..oh and 350 for shipping...:laugh:

I'm thinking, like 170 sales tax on a motor for 2250, shipped with 36k miles from SD mini truck, motor is in texas...shit ton cheaper then low mileage engines..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember, I got a motor from LC Engineering for 1850. 20k miles. Xrunnit got his for $12-1400. Don't know if you have tried talking to them yet? Don't even know if they are still able to get those prices? Still worth a shot if you haven't. If it is, buy it from them, and pick it up out of SoCal. Save tax and time.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Remember, I got a motor from LC Engineering for 1850. 20k miles. Xrunnit got his for $12-1400. Don't know if you have tried talking to them yet? Don't even know if they are still able to get those prices? Still worth a shot if you haven't. If it is, buy it from them, and pick it up out of SoCal. Save tax and time.

I haven't slept in like over week, the thought of this whole motor hunting crap has taken its toll, im stressed the f- out, on top of school and even more personal crap thrown in for good measure. :frown: I needed to put something to rest, now, so i can finally, "relax":rolleyez:

i ordered the one form SD mini trucks. Pre-runner motor, 39k miles, shipped to them, (10 miles or so from my house), for 2,300. Maybe i payed to much, idk...im so damn exhausted at this point, i dont even care. lol

as for all of your guys help on this, it's greatly appreciated, seriously:rockon::rockon::rockon:, i wouldn't have even known where to start...I'll refer LC to Drama, maybe he can get a good deal, as he still needs a motor.:top:

Im glad to finely have this crap done... *sigh*

dramad1

Reaction score
sdxrunner619 said:
I haven't slept in like over week, the thought of this whole motor hunting crap has taken its toll, im stressed the f- out, on top of school and even more personal crap thrown in for good measure. :frown: I needed to put something to rest, now, so i can finally, "relax":rolleyez:

i ordered the one form SD mini trucks. Pre-runner motor, 39k miles, shipped to them, (10 miles or so from my house), for 2,300. Maybe i payed to much, idk...im so damn exhausted at this point, i dont even care. lol

as for all of your guys help on this, it's greatly appreciated, seriously:rockon::rockon::rockon:, i wouldn't have even known where to start...I'll refer LC to Drama, maybe he can get a good deal, as he still needs a motor.:top:

Im glad to finely have this crap done... *sigh*

Right on brotha man. I'll have to check them out. I here you on the stressed the f out. I'm drowning in the sh!t. Glad to here you found something that will work for you. Prerunner motor?? Are you gonna have to modify anything to make that work or is it the same with deeper oil pan?? And were are you doing the swap??Keep us posted and gl

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Right on brotha man. I'll have to check them out. I here you on the stressed the f out. I'm drowning in the sh!t. Glad to here you found something that will work for you. Prerunner motor?? Are you gonna have to modify anything to make that work or is it the same with deeper oil pan?? And were are you doing the swap??Keep us posted and gl

Same motor, deeper pan. Doing the swap in my driveway...lol

dramad1

Reaction score
Nice. ^^. Well if you need a hand hit me up and I'll see if I can make it. (car issues).

Gadget

Reaction score
Try these guys:

http://www.mmauto.com/

I sent a friend there and he got one for $1200.

I don't know what the hell is going on with junk yards lately. They seemed to all have gone nuts on prices. When I popped my diff in my 4Runner testing that jacked up X-1 for a customer, I called around looking for a used diff. Turns out a brand new one from the dealer was a lot less then a used one. These guys have lost it lately.

G

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Try these guys:

http://www.mmauto.com/

I sent a friend there and he got one for $1200.

I don't know what the hell is going on with junk yards lately. They seemed to all have gone nuts on prices. When I popped my diff in my 4Runner testing that jacked up X-1 for a customer, I called around looking for a used diff. Turns out a brand new one from the dealer was a lot less then a used one. These guys have lost it lately.

G

Ya, didn't mean to come off as an ass regarding the talking the price down part. :top: Im a good negotiator, but not that damn good. LOL

I figured they jack the prices up to help make ends meat, like everyone else these days:frown:

Im just glad to finally got something done. still waitng to hear back from them regarding the Compression, and if it has the OEM oil cooler.

Top Bottom