Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB t-rex or t-rex2 RR eyelids

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I actually want a set of these already painted for my truck :top: Let me know how the mock up goes.

motorpsyKho

Reaction score
heard back from the body shop today to see what they would charge to paint them....
$160 =x

madafacka...

umm yeah.. not gonna go that route. We just need to get some 3L5 paint and just paint them ourselves

bluuge

Reaction score
motorpsyKho said:
umm yeah.. not gonna go that route. We just need to get some 3L5 paint and just paint them ourselves

I'll let you do it first to see how it comes out :biggrin:

motorpsyKho

Reaction score
ok guys im mocking them up this weds and im going to try to have them painted already....

keep looking on here :top:

Okay now the big question is how much are you gonna charge US for them? Have I told u that your X runner looks real good! :adore: lol

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
Okay now the big question is how much are you gonna charge US for them? Have I told u that your X runner looks real good! :adore: lol

haha..well i have to see on the price...trust me its going to be less than bluuges painted quote aka 160...
ill keep u guys updated!!

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
bluuge said:
heard back from the body shop today to see what they would charge to paint them....
$160 =x

madafacka...

I checked at a chevy dealer body shop nearby and they wanted $300 to paint my eyelids!!!! So $160 sound better but still way too much.

So I went to a sherwin Williams and got them to mix a 1/2 pint of BR "ultra 7000" brand paint, 1qt of basecoat "premium system" BCS65 stabilizer (reducer), 1 qt of "finish 1" FC710 clear coat, and 8oz of FH611 "finish 1" fast hardener for around $100 and I painted my eyelids, engine cover, xr rc and still have paint left over after having some wasted paint. Or you can get the color match rattle can stuff and paint them yourself.

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
I checked at a chevy dealer body shop nearby and they wanted $300 to paint my eyelids!!!! So $160 sound better but still way too much.

So I went to a sherwin Williams and got them to mix a 1/2 pint of BR "ultra 7000" brand paint, 1qt of basecoat "premium system" BCS65 stabilizer (reducer), 1 qt of "finish 1" FC710 clear coat, and 8oz of FH611 "finish 1" fast hardener for around $100 and I painted my eyelids, engine cover, xr rc and still have paint left over after having some wasted paint. Or you can get the color match rattle can stuff and paint them yourself.

Dang dude I went to a local body shop and they only charged me $10:rockon:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
GaX-Runner said:
Dang dude I went to a local body shop and they only charged me $10:rockon:

Smart a$$ lmao or should I say lucky a$$

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
hahaha....but seriously find a small town body shop and ask them and they will usually cut you a deal.....even when i got my grill painted at the toyota dealership they only charged me $50 for that so you're getting ripped.

bluuge

Reaction score
GaX-Runner said:
hahaha....but seriously find a small town body shop and ask them and they will usually cut you a deal.....even when i got my grill painted at the toyota dealership they only charged me $50 for that so you're getting ripped.

the place I went to WAS a small town body shop... I'll just wait up for chewy to see how that goes. btw chewy I think you should build your mocks based off of the t-Rex 2's. atleast for me :)

Top Bottom